MEARS Auctions is excited to announce that we will be featuring a 1969 circa Lew Alcindor UCLA Game Worn Jersey & Memorabilia Collection in our May 26th, 2017 auction. The collection was obtained directly from the UCLA assistant team manager and has been in his possession since obtaining it from the team equipment manager in 1970.
The new team had been outfitted with uniforms, but Alcindor’s #33 was not to be issued out of respect for his legacy at UCLA. Our consignor, now integrally involved with assisting Coach Wooden with the team’s day to day activities, was gifted the shirt and he has cherished it ever since.
Our consignor chose Alcindor for his on court accomplishments, but more importantly to him, for the awareness he brought to important social issues highlighted during the 1960s, especially the treatment of African Americans which was highlighted by Alcindor’s refusal to participate in the 1968 Mexico City Olympics in protest against racism in America.
MEARS Auction is aggressively seeking quality items to add to our May 26th, 2017 sale. Consignment deadline for this auction is May 20th. Currently in house is a run of complete sets of Baseball, Football, & Basketball from 1963 to present, 1986 Fleer Basketball Set with Jordan RC, 100+ game used bats including many high grade examples, and many more assorted lots.
MEARS Auctions has a very strong bidder base of collectors looking for autograph collections, memorabilia, programs, and game worn/used items. Consignors have seen record prices in the recent MEARS Auctions sale which include the following highlights:
- 1998 Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners Game Worn Rawlings Glove (MEARS LOA) “Finest Example Known In The Hobby!” Sold For $11,837
- 1951 (August 19th) Eddie Gaedel St. Louis Browns Official Onsite Program Sold for $2,628
- 1974-1975 Nolan Ryan California Angels Game Autographed Worn Home Jersey (MEARS A9.5 / JSA) Sold For $22,226
- 2005 Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game Worn Road Uniform (MEARS A10) “Sourced Directly From the Oakland A’s Organization” Sold For $9,082
- 1976 Tom Seaver New York Mets Game Worn Home Jersey W/ Black Memorial Arm Band For Club owner Joan Payson and former manager Casey Stengel (MEARS A9.5)(JSA) Sold For $25,428
- 1890-1900 circa Football Lace Up Sleeved Union Suit Sold for $8,892
- 1970-1972 Gale Gillingham Green Bay Packers Game Worn Home Jersey (MEARS A9) Sold for $8,418
- 1880-1890s Football Sleeveless Football Jacket Vest & Turtleneck Sweater Sold for $3,131
- 1961 (April 21st) Vince Lombardi Green Bay Packers Typed Letter Signed With Full Name (JSA) “Signed months before his first World Championship!” Sold for $1,348
- 2016 (March 2nd) Giannis Antetokounmpo Milwaukee Bucks Autographed Game Worn Home Jersey (MEARS A10, MeiGray) Sold for $5,576
- 1984 (October 26) Michael Jordan’s First Game Chicago Bulls Washington Bullets Chicago Stadium Game Program Sold for $989
Consign Today! For a free appraisal and market evaluation, please contact Troy R. Kinunen at (414)-828-9990.