The catalog for our December 12, 2012 Holiday Auction is now complete. This auction to be, pound-for-pound, maybe the most unbelievable auction Grey Flannel Auctions has ever assembled, being incredibly well-represented in all four major sports. Auction previews will be available online one week, on Monday, November 12th. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (631) 288-7800 or email [email protected]. Some highlights include:
- The earliest known Babe Ruth Pinstripes – 4/13/1921 NY Yankees Opening Day Game-Used Flannel Pants Accompanied by Multiple Photomatches, the Babe went 5-for-5.
- A 1916-18 Ty Cobb Detroit Tigers Game-Used Bat, PSA/DNA Graded GU9.5.
- 9/28/1988 Orel Hershiser LA Dodgers 59 Consecutive Scoreless Innings Record Streak Game-Used Baseball – THE actual baseball that Orel walked off the mound with.
- Three Cincinnati Reds flannels from “The Big Red Machine” days of Johnny Bench, Pete Rose and Tony Perez, each all original, autographed and in immaculate condition.
- A sports card section highlighted by a 1951 Complete Bowman set with some graded cards including a rookie Mickey Mantle graded a PSA/DNA NM7.
- The best hockey game-used section we have ever featured including a Rod Gilbert Rangers gamer (photomatched), a Patrick Roy Avalanche gamer (photomatched), a Wayne Gretzky Kings gamer and many other great sweaters.
- A power-packed football section of game-used jerseys, many of which are accompanied by team letters, are photomatched and/or unwashed. Highlights include Manning, Favre, Emmitt, Montana, a Rookie Era Namath, an Early 1960’s Paul Hornung, a Dick Butkus and a Willie Wood.
- An unbelievable game-used basketball section including 1980 Mark Landsberger Los Angeles Lakers Championship Ring with a Landsberger LOA and a 1986 Robert Parish Boston Celtics NBA Championship Ring with a Parish LOA.