Some of the highest graded examples of the most iconic trading cards in sports are capturing collectors’ attention and interest in the Heritage Premium Sportscard Auction, which closes June 29.
A 1915 Cracker Jack Ty Cobb #30 PSA Mint 9, one of only three Mint 9 in existence – (est. $300,000+) leads an all-star line-up of important cards. Baseball immortals Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, and Mickey Mantle are represented while modern day trading card giants, Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan, showcase their sought after debut cards.
In addition to individual cards, a 1986 Fleer Basketball Wax Box With 36 Unopened Packs, (est. $40,000+) which displays minimal handling is offered. The 36 unopened packs include such esteemed stars and Hall of Famers, many making their rookie debut, as Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Joe Dumars, Patrick Ewing, Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, Larry Bird and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
Top projected lots in the auction are expected to include, but are not limited to:
- A 1954 Topps Hank Aaron #128 PSA Mint 9 (est. $200,000+)
- A 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 PSA NM 7 (est. $150,000+)
- A 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 SGC 84 NM 7 (est. $140,000+)
- A 1916 Famous & Barr Co. Babe Ruth #151 SGC 10 Poor 1 (est. $60,000+)
- A 1998 Playoff Contender Rookie Ticket Autographed Peyton Manning #87 PSA Gem Mint 10 (est. $30,000+)
- A 1984-85 Star Co. Michael Jordan #101 BGS Mint 9 (est. $30,000+)