SCP Auctions Summer Auction amassed over $2.2 million dollars when it came to a close on August 10th. Among the top lots were a 1934 Goudey #37 Lou Gehrig Gem Mint SGC 10 that sold for $125,332; a 1916 Famous & Barr #151 Babe Ruth Rookie Card VG PSA 3 that sold for $51,450; a 1980-1981 Topps Basketball #34 Larry Bird/#139 Magic Johnson Rookie card that sold for $60,667; and Travis Jervey’s 1996 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl XXXI Championship Ring that sold for $37,610.
Collectors nationwide competed aggressively for a broad array of quality sports cards and memorabilia offered in the latest internet auction conducted by SCP Auctions. The sale, which featured over 1,200 lots, and several athlete-direct collections, produced strong prices throughout. Dan Imler, Vice President of SCP, said: “We are thrilled with the response to this sale. The diversity and quality of the material attracted a broad range of collectors. The competition was strong throughout every category resulting in some incredible prices.”
Other highlights of the auction include:
• 1991 Washington Redskins Super Bowl XXVI Championship Ring Issued to Player Bobby Wilson – $30,343
• Late 1980’s Larry Bird Game Worn and Signed Converse Shoes – $27,349
• Historic 2011 Mariano Rivera Game Used and Signed Home Plate from Rivera’s 600th save – $24,148
• 1949 Bowman #224 Satchell Paige MINT PSA 9 (1/8) – $20,724
• Bill Russell’s 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Championship Ring – $20,724
• Bill Russell’s 1977 Los Angeles Dodgers National League Championship Ring (Russell LOA) – $20,035
• Michael Jordan Signed Rookie ERA Nike Air Jordan Shoes – $18,678
• 1954 Topps #250 Ted Williams MINT PSA 9 – $17,126
• Roger Maris Single Signed OAL (Mac Phail) Baseball – $14,351
Full auction results are available at www.scpauctions.com.
About SCP Auctions
SCP Auctions, Inc. has been a leader in brokering and auctions of important sports memorabilia and cards since 1979. The Southern California based firm conducts online auctions throughout the year, highlighted by their Premier Auctions in the spring and fall. SCP Auctions has handled some of the most significant individual items and prominent collections in their field, such as the record-setting sale of the earliest known jersey worn by New York Yankees legend Babe Ruth ($4.4 million) the famed T206 Honus Wagner baseball card ($2.8 million) and Babe Ruth’s bat used to hit the first home run in Yankee Stadium ($1.3 million). Interested bidders can call (800) 350-2273 or visit SCP Auctions online at www.SCPAuctions.com for more information on how to participate.