Featured in the Goldin Auctions 2020 Spring Auction is an incredibly scarce (limited to just five examples) 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects #BDPP89 Mike Trout Red Refractor Signed Rookie Card (#5/5) which has been graded GEM MINT 9.5 by Beckett.
As a point of reference on card value, it’s well worthy of notice that a 2009 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Orange Refractor (From a Limited Edition of Just 25 Examples) in BGS GEM MINT 9.5/BGS 10 fetched nearly $190,000 in Goldin Auctions’ 2019 Winter Auction. This Red Refractor offered here in this sale is five times as scarce.
Bidding will begin April 14 at GoldinAuctions.com.
“When the auction closes on May 16, this will be the most valuable Mike Trout trading card ever sold at auction. This might be the first half-million-dollar Mike Trout card,” said Ken Goldin, Founder and CEO of Goldin Auctions. “We are the industry leader in the sale of modern cards, and we are honored to offer this Trout collectible to our clients.”
The complete auction is open for preview on April 10 at GoldinAuctions.com.
Other Highlights Include:
- Lot #218: 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospects #BDPP89 Mike Trout (Red Refractor) Signed Rookie Card (#5/5) – BGS GEM MINT 9.5/BGS 10
- Lot #315: 2003-04 UD “Exquisite Collection” Emblems of Endorsement #MJ Michael Jordan Signed Game Used Patch Card (#14/15) – BGS MINT 9/BGS 10
- Lot #88: NBA 50 Greatest Players Multi Signed Complete Set of (4) Basketballs With 49 Total Signatures (PSA/DNA)
- Lot #206: 1933 Goudey #106 Napoleon Lajoie – PSA MINT 9 Lot #207: 1951 Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card – PSA NM-MT 8
- Lot #210: 1986/87 Fleer Basketball Unopened Wax Boxes Trio (3) – “The Midwest Storage Find” – All BBCE Certified
- Lot #297: 1927 Exhibits Lou Gehrig Signed Card – PSA/DNA GEM MT 10 – One of the Finest Gehrig Signatures in the Hobby!
- Lot #197: 1972 Nike Pair of “Moon Shoes” Worn By Thomas McChesney
- Lot #203: 2000 New York Yankees World Series Championship Player Ring Presented To Jeff Nelson (Nelson LOA)
- Lot #4: 2000 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship Ring 14K-40 Diamonds -Laker Issued Player Ring Gifted by Kobe to Pam Bryant (Pam Bryant LOA)
- Lot #214: 1996/97 Topps Chrome Refractors #138 Kobe Bryant Rookie Card – BGS PRISTINE 10
- Lot #314: 2003-04 UD “Exquisite Collection” #78 LeBron James (RPA) Signed Rookie Patch Card (#01/99) – BGS Authentic/BGS 8
- Lot #90: 2020 LeBron James Game Used Los Angeles Lakers White Association Jersey Photo Matched To 1/5/2020 Triple Double Game (Resolution Photomatching)
- Lot #3: 2014-15 Kobe Bryant Photo Matched Game Used and Signed White Los Angeles Lakers Jersey Worn January 4, 2015 vs Indiana Pacers (MeiGray & Beckett)
- Lot #200: 1997 Tommy Lasorda’s Personal Baseball Hall Of Fame Induction Plaque Given To Him By The Baseball Hall Of Fame (Lasorda LOA)
- Lot #199: 1988 Tommy Lasorda’s Personal Los Angeles Dodgers World Series Championship Trophy (Lasorda LOA)
About Goldin Auctions: Sports memorabilia impresario Ken Goldin has sold more than $700 million in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using the medium of television to sell sports memorabilia. Over the past few years, Goldin Auctions sold a Honus Wagner T206 card for a public sale record $3.12 million, Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract for a record $1.02 million, the Mike Piazza Post-9/11 home run jersey for $365,000, and the 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky PSA GEM MT 10 rookie card for a record $465,000. Goldin Auctions strives to break new ground and offer collectors the best in collectible treasures up for auction in the marketplace. Goldin Auctions is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. For more information, visit goldinauctions.com.