As the 45th President is inaugurated this week, the 2017 Goldin Auctions Winter Auction features a wide array of historic memorabilia from nearly a dozen President, past present and future. Among them is (Lot #1357) a Donald Trump Signed Presidential Oath of Office Card signed by the President-elect well-before he formally takes the oath.
Trump signed this photograph of the “Presidential Oath of Office” in November of 2015 for a supporter at one of his rallies, a full year before the election. The presidential seal is prominently displayed in full color on the top of this photo and typed below the “Presidential Oath of Office” reads “I Donald J. Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. So help me God. January 20, 2017.” Trump’s signature is directly below the oath, which is printed in black on a bright white backdrop. This item comes with a full LOA from JSA
“With just 44 men having held the highest office in the land, Presidential memorabilia is always in demand from collectors,” said Ken Goldin, Founder of Goldin Auctions. “We’re proud to share these items – some that are rare historical artifact and others that are fun keepsakes — with collectors.”
Here’s a look at some of the other Presidential memorabilia up for bids at www.GoldinAuctions.com through January 28.
- Lot #11 – John Quincy Adams Handwritten and Signed Letter – A 4-page handwritten letter from Adams to actor James H. Hackett written on Feb 19, 1839 in which Adams shares his thoughts on Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
- Lot #10 – Ronald Reagan Handwritten and Signed Presidential Oath of Office – On this incredible signed page, Reagan inscribed words to the Oath of the President of the United States. In his firm and commanding hand, the 40th President has written: “I Ronald William Reagan, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the United States, and will do the best of my ability, preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. (signed) Ronald Reagan” The oath is written in bold black ink pen on a 7 x 8 ¾ inch sheet of ivory stationery engraved with “THE WHITE HOUSE WASHINGTON”. The document is dated “The White House Jan. 20, 1981” at the bottom. The letter comes with a full LOA from Steve Grad of Beckett Authentication (A03080) for the signature. This letter also comes with a notarized affidavit from the recipient of inaugural letter, who had arranged for Reagan to write out the oath on their finest official stationery.
- Lot #1356 – Donald Trump Autographed and Inscribed “The Way to the Top” – Although signed copies of one of Trump’s books are not rare it is the personal inscription that accompanies this signature that makes it exceptional. Written in the Trump’s hand, it reads “Dear Carol: I will never change the hair.” This is followed by Trump’s familiar signature.
- Lot #1346 – Theodore Roosevelt Autographed 11″x16″ Photograph – The full-length portrait features Roosevelt clad in a sharp three-piece suit for a 1908 portrait of Roosevelt commissioned by the Harvard Class of 1880. It is signed the bottom of the portrait in black marker. It comes with a University Archives LOA.
- Lot #1306 – 1974 Richard Nixon Impeachment Ticket – Offered here is a ticket to the impeachment proceedings of President Richard Nixon. This ticket was issued for someone to sit in the visitor’s gallery of the House of Representatives and watch the proceedings of the impeachment on August 19, 1974. This item comes with a University Archives LOA.
- Lot #1309 – John F. Kennedy’s Last” Autograph — Offered is this cut that features a small drawing of President John F. Kennedy that reads: “Pictures of J.F.K. sketched on Nov 22 1963 at Prayer Breakfast in Forth Worth, Texas”. President Kennedy signed this picture underneath the drawing in pencil. This cut measures 3″ x 5″ and is unframed. Given the events of that day, it’s more than likely that this item might have been one of the last ever signatures of Kennedy. This item comes with a LOA from Steve Grad of Beckett Authentication.
- Autographed Presidential Baseballs – Autographed baseballs from Donald Trump, George W. Bush, George Bush, Jimmy Carter and more.
About Goldin Auctions
Sports memorabilia impresario Ken Goldin has sold more than $600 million in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using the medium of television to sell sports memorabilia. Over the past few years, Goldin Auctions sold Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract for a record $1.02 million, the Honus Wagner T206 card for a public sale record $3.12 million, the Mike Piazza Post-9/11 home run jersey for $365,000, and the 1980 Wayne Gretzky PSA 10 rookie card for a record $465,000. Goldin Auctions strives to break new ground and offer collectors the best in collectible treasures up for auction in the marketplace. All game worn or autographed items come with team, player, league or additional LOA from industry leading authenticators; and collectors can bid with confidence that their proxy/ceiling bids remain confidential. For more information, visit www.goldinauctions.com.