Lelands.com, wanted to thank all of the participants in there recent Spring Catalog Auction. This auction featured the only known ring from the 1919 Black Sox World Series scandal; selling for $166,100. The one-of-a-kind ring, which was presented to Cincinnati Reds manager Pat Moran, who then gave it to a milkman in his Massachusetts hometown, was sold to an anonymous buyer.
Other vintage sports memorabilia sold as part of the Lelands.com auction include an Atlanta Braves jersey worn by Hank Aaron during the 1969 season ($49,918), Montreal Canadiens great Guy Lafleur’s 1976-77 Hart Trophy ($54,909), Boxing legend Floyd Patterson’s 1960 Ring Belt Magazine Championship Belt ($36,542), a 1943 Negro League champion Homestead Grays team signed ball with Josh Gibson ($28,177), and Kenny King’s 1983 Los Angeles Raiders Super Bowl Ring ($36,542).
The auction also included a wide variety of Rock & Roll memorabilia, including a Plaza Hotel postcard autographed by all four members of The Beatles during their first-ever trip to the United States in 1964 ($22,690).
Highlights from the Lelands.com auction include, among other things:
• The Only 1919 World Series Ring Known (Realized: $166,102)
• Hank Aaron 1969 Atlanta Braves Game Used Jersey (Realized: $49,918)
• 1943 Negro League Champion Homestead Grays Team Signed Ball with Josh Gibson (Realized: $28,177)
• 1937-40 Mel Ott Game Used Bat (Realized: $25,615)
• 1941 Bill Dickey Game Used Bat (Realized: $24,959)
• 1978 Art Fowler New York Yankees World Championship Ring (Realized: $17,047)
• Stan Musial’s 1959 Louisville Slugger All-Star Game Bat (Realized: $9,622)
• 1887 George Tebeau Cincinnati Baseball Club Trophy Bat (Realized: $6,818)
• Roberto Clemente Game Used Baseball Bat (Realized: $6,199)
• Pat Riley’s 1964-65 Game-Worn University of Kentucky Jersey (Realized: $11,950)
• Important Sterling Silver Tray Given By The 1946-47 Knicks To Ossie Schectman (Realized: $7,229)
• The Ceremonial First Ball in Miami Heat History (Realized: $4,125)
• Kenny King 1983 Los Angeles Raiders Super Bowl XV111 Ring (Realized: $36,542)
• “We Love Our Team” Oil on Canvas by former NFL/AFL player Ernie Barnes (Realized: $16,610)
• 1925 Notre Dame Football Poster (Realized: $12,947)
• 1968 Jets Super Bowl Champion Rolex Watch (Realized: $10,313)
• 2006 Eli Manning NY Giants Game Used Road Jersey (Realized: $6,403)