Classic Auctions is pleased to announce another hugely successful auction, with especially strong bids from start to finish during our 2017 Spring Auction offering, with a large number of important items receiving especially impressive sums, again emphasizing our status as the one and only industry leader for your important and cherished hockey memorabilia. Final prices realized fetched over $1.2 Million.
Highlights include tremendous prices realized for important and historic jerseys, including Nick Wasnie’s 1933-34 Ottawa Senators wool. Wayne Gretzky’s 1981 Canada Cup jersey received especially spirited bidding, as did Red Kelly’s 1962-63 Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup championship-season wool. A number of game-used sticks also witnessed strong prices – including Rocket Richards’s late-1950s CCM model, with the pre-war card offering from Simon Bourque achieving lofty totals as well.
Thanks to all participating bidders and congratulations to those who won lots for making our 2017 Spring Auction a huge success! Whether it’s the Lord Stanley and Queen Victoria signed military commission from 1878, or the glove worn by iconic legend Maurice Richard during the height of his historic career in the early-1950s, Classic Auctions has proven through our 20+ years of service to the hockey memorabilia community that we secure the highest prices realized along with the absolute best memorabilia, including personal collections from some of the most noteworthy superstars the world’s most beautiful game has ever seen. From our family to yours, thank you! We look forward to bringing more exceptional, one-of-a-kind hockey treasures to you in the near future!
- Wayne Gretzky’s 1981 Canada Cup Team Canada Game-Worn Jersey from Eagleson Collection with LOA – REALIZED $ 104 328
- Nick Wasnie’s 1933-34 Ottawa Senators Game-Worn Wool Jersey from Family with LOA – Photo-Matched! – REALIZED $ 88 456
- Jacques Villeneuve’s 1996 Rothmans Williams Renault F1 Team Bell Race-Worn Helmet with His Signed LOA – REALIZED $ 9 384
- Esa Tikkanen’s 1993-94 New York Rangers Game-Worn Stanley Cup Playoffs Jersey – Patched for Finals! – 25+ Team Repairs! – Photo-Matched! REALIZED $ 8 424
- Brett Hull’s 1997-98 St. Louis Blues Game-Worn Alternate Captain’s Jersey – REALIZED $ 6 057
- 1936-37 O-Pee-Chee Series “D” (V304D) PSA-Graded Complete 36-Card Hockey Set – Second Current Finest PSA Set – REALIZED $ 30 951
- Lord Stanley and Queen Victoria Signed 1878 Military Commission Document $ 2 566 Realized
- Maurice “Rocket” Richard’s Early-1950s Montreal Canadiens Game-Used Glove $ 6 050 Realized
- Brett Hull’s 1990-91 Lester B. Pearson Award – NHL’s Outstanding Player as Selected by the League’s Players! $ 4 998 Realized
- Jaromir Jagr’s 2007-08 New York Rangers “Brian Leetch Night” Game-Worn Captain’s Jersey with LOA $ 5 229 Realized
- Eric Lindros’ November 17th 2005 Toronto Maple Leafs Game-Worn Jersey – Scored Game-Winning Goal! $ 5 229 Realized
- 1958-62 “Original Six” Art Ross NHL Game Puck Complete Set of 6 – First Team Logo Pucks! $ 3 570 Realized