Classic Auctions is accepting consignments for our next auction, Spring 2019, is now open and will be for only a few weeks. Contact us right away to reserve your spot in what already looks like another memorable auction. And because we know your are curious about the results, here is a quick auction recap and review of some of the highlights from the Winter 2019 Auction.
Collectors and sports fans from all around the world were keeping an eye on what was certainly one of, if not the most important item in our Winter 2019 Auction; Wayne Gretzky’s 1979-80 Edmonton Oilers Game-Worn Rookie Season Jersey. Bidding for this historical jersey ended at $221,110 USD including buyer’s premium. Gretzky items were definitely on fire last night, with a few others reaching amazing prices. The Great One always attracts a lot of attention and results definitely speaks for themselves.
Other Important Game-Used Jerseys and Equipment:
- Gretzky’s rookie jersey wasn’t the only jersey that attracted attention last night, with a pair of Frank Mahovlich gamers realizing an impressive combined total of $74,458 USD!
- Gilmour’s Personal Collection realized a total of $28,162 USD with his 1996-97 Toronto Maple Leafs Game-Worn Captain’s Jersey closing at an impressive $6,516 USD with buyer’s premium.
- Brett Hull’s Personal Collection realized a total of $37,086 usd with buyer’s premium with one item making it to our list of highlights; his 1990-91 St. Louis Blues Game-Worn Jersey, Photo-Matched and Video-Matched to His 86th Goal of Season and Playoffs!
It would be almost impossible for us to include all of the game-worn jerseys or equipment in this auction recap, with so many great pieces closing last night with great results, like Doug Harvey’s 1957-58 Montreal Canadiens Game-Worn Wool Jersey ($17,055 USD realized) or Crosby’s 2005-06 Pittsburgh Penguins Game-Worn Rookie Season Jersey ($13,742 USD realized).
But two other items also made it to our list of highlights; Darryl Sittler’s 1980-81 Toronto Maple Leafs Game-Worn Captain’s Photo-Matched Jersey and the eye-catching Grant Fuhr’s 1981-82 Edmonton Oilers Game-Worn Rookie Season Photo-Matched Fiberglass Goalie Mask.
Trading Cards and Autographs
Our Winter 2019 Auction featured a very good selection of baseball cards (and hockey cards, and other sports and non-sports) and we’ve selected four for this auction recap and highlights.
Three of the four lots selected were part of the amazing and famous1952 Topps Baseball Cards featured in this auction with, of course, the Mantle rookie card, the most recognizable, important and valuable gum card of the post-war era, leading the way.
But also Ed Mathew’s rookie card, closing at $8,870 usd with buyer’s premium, what could be the highest amount ever realized for a PSA graded 4.5 Mathew RC.
And finally, for autographs, we’ve selected the amazing lot of Formula One World Champions and Grand Prix Winners (1950-2013) Autograph Collection of 300+ for this recap.
It’s now (already) time for Spring 2019 consignments! Consignments for our upcoming Spring 2019 Auction are now open and will be for a few weeks.
We are, once again, looking for quality items such as:
- Game-Worn Jerseys and Equipment
- Sports and Non-Sports Trading Cards
- Rings, Awards and Trophies
- And more
Contact us now to have your item(s) included in our upcoming Spring Auction, already filled with historical pieces.