The current Collect Auctions sale is filled with unique items that are sure to interest the well-heeled collector as well as the average collector looking to fill the shelves with items related to his or her favorite player. The auction is in progress (www.collectauctions.com), with bidding ending today, Dec. 1st. Heading the list is a circa 1969-72 game-used Bobby Orr Boston Bruins jersey that comes with a Milton Byron LOA.This classic dureen Wilson knit Bruins black road jersey has the size “50” added to the company tag in the neck. The characteristics, like the tagging in the neck, numbering, yolk and the jersey design are consistent with early 1970s game-worn jerseys. Bidding on the jersey started at $10,000.
Another major draw in the auction is a Topps Baseball set run from 1974-90 with all of the cards signed by the respective players. That’s approximately 15,000 signatures with dozens of Hall of Famers, hundreds of rookie cards and numerous rare signatures, from Thurman Munson to Alan Wiggins. This entire signed set run from 1974-1990 is packaged neatly in binders and nine-pocket sleeves, except for the singles which have been pulled out and arrive in PSA/DNA slabs. All other singles have been pre-certified by PSA/DNA.
Speaking of high-grade signed items, Collect Auctions will also feature a 1966 Green Bay Packers team-signed football with 53 signatures, graded PSA/DNA 9. All the principle signatures are present, including many rare examples.
Other highlights in the auction include the following:
• 1911 T201 Mecca Double Folder Ty Cobb, Sam Crawford PSA 6.5
• 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle No. 82 PSA 6
• 1957 Topps Baseball high-grade complete set (407)
• 1955 Topps Baseball complete set (210)
• 1971 Topps Baseball Series 4 vending box
• Hank Aaron signed April 8, 1974 full ticket (broke Ruth’s record)
• Cy Young Signed B&W HOF plaque postcard (PSA/DNA)
• Jimmie Foxx and Bing Miller signed 1929 World Series program page
• Muhammad Ali single-signed ONL baseball
• Neil Armstrong signed 8×10 photo (PSA/DNA).
For more information on this auction, visit www.collectauctions.com or call (888) 463-3063. Also note, the closing procedure of this auction will change to a 30-minute rule per lot.