MEARS Auctions has set many industry record prices over the past 18 months, especially with game worn jersey sales. Our auction house is proud to announce that MEARS Auctions holds the industry record for a Michael Jordan game worn jersey, $104,281 was the final price realized for the 1998 Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Game Worn NBA Finals Game 3 Home Jersey (MEARS A10) which was featured in our March 2015 sale.
Flannels, knits and rare styles from all sports have continued to attract top bids. Satisfied consignors and successful bidders are continuing to support the ever popular MEARS Monthly Auction. With the highest standards applied to the authentication process, advanced marketing graphics and presentation, monthly sales format, record setting prices realized, and lightning fast 30 day consignor payment, collectors are exalting the virtues of the MEARS Auction format.
“Our business model is simple”, states company President Troy R. Kinunen. “We work very hard to accurately research, authenticate, grade and market our customers’ items. We have seen a recent trend where items that have sold at other venues are bringing a premium in our auction. Our marketing and authentication/grading is creating proven results. Couple that fact with our lightning fast 30 days consignor payments, and we continue to have very happy customers.”
Proven Results – Over $30,000,000 in Sales
With our growing success, MEARS Auction is no longer the “new kid on the block”. Company president Troy R. Kinunen has been a full time professional dealer since 1988 and has tallied over $30,000,000 in sales. Many of the hobby’s most significant finds and treasures have been brokered by Kinunen. The hobby’s biggest collectors, Museums, Professional Athletes, Entertainers, and Major League owners all constitute his client list. All of the aforementioned have one thing in common- They Are Looking To Buy Quality Merchandise
Past prices realized at MEARS Auctions validate our claim that we are achieving some of the strongest prices in the industry. This is just a sample of our higher ended sales. We have set records for jersey from the 1960/70/80’s time frame. Amazing at it seems there are more bidders of these types of items now than when we first sold them; meaning prices of similar items are most likely to be higher than these record setting sales.
Documented examples include:
- 1998 Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Game 3 Finals Jersey $104,281 – Industry Record
- Game Worn Glove Collection: $71,953.00
- 1921 Babe Ruth Louisville Slugger Game Used Bat $425,000
- 1920s Lou Gehrig Louisville Slugger Game Used Bat $225,000
- 1925 Ty Cobb Louisville Slugger Game Used Bat $133,300
- 1965 Hank Aaron Milwaukee Braves Game Worn Jersey $104,765
- 1969 Ernie Banks Chicago Cubs Game Worn Jersey $168,728
- 1966 Green Bay Packers Team Signed Football (Bart Starr’s Personal Ball) $50,000 (Private Sale)
- 1931 Green Bay Packers Team Signed Football $13,317
- 1936 Green Bay Packers Team Signed Football $8,892
- 1946-48 Tony Canadeo Green Bay Packers Game Worn Jersey $53,502
- 1970-72 Joe Namath New York Jets Game Worn Jersey $37,230
- 1961-62 Jim Brown Cleveland Browns Game Worn Jersey $61,212
- 1982 Nolan Ryan Houston Astros Game Worn Jersey $17,932
- Vintage Baseball Photography, Sporting News, Denver Post, Chicago Sun Times, etc. $500,000+
At MEARS Auctions, all of our prices realized are archived on our website. The actual price that the item sold is posted. We do not inflate pricing or list items that did not actually sell.
It is our goal to make our May Auction a spectacular event. To do so, we need the help of our consignors. If you are looking for a free appraisal, market evaluation, or marketing strategy, please contact Troy R. Kinunen at (414)-828-9990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For special items, we offer cash advances, free authentication and grading, and as always, 30 day consignor payments. Although we focused on some of the highlights in this message, no collection is too big or small. Let MEARS know what you have; we can find your collection a new home.