To all of the MEARS Auctions consignors and bidders, thank you very much for making our November auction another huge success. We have broken our monthly sales record for 11 consecutive months in a row now, and we owe all of our success to you! MEARS Auctions has also seen steady growth in the number of bidders; total number of bids placed, and average lot value. Your contributions are helping MEARS grow and continue to be successful. Once the smoke cleared, MEARS Auctions set several world record prices for many of the lots featured.
Consistency and reliability are our trademarks. Customers know that each month MEARS Auctions will continue to offer a wide array of items that span many different genres, and cater to collectors of all budgets.
Winning bidders know that when their payments are sent, they can expect their items to be shipped in a timely manner, well packaged and insured, and fully authenticated with the proper documentation. If there is an issue of any sort, our customer service department will work hard to quickly find a solution.
Consignors know that when their items are offered in a MEARS Auction, each item will be authenticated (free of charge on select items), researched, catalogued, professionally photographed, and heavily marketed, insuring that the highest prices possible will be realized. And, as our tradition, consignors are paid in 30 days or less on collected funds, no exception.
NOTE TO CONSIGNORS: Please continuing reading and you will see a special section titled, Special Consignments Wanted. This is a section of items that have been specifically requested by collectors. In the past, we have successfully matched items to buyer for items listed in this special section.
Collectors have come to trust the MEARS brand.
After listening to our loyal customers, MEARS recently adopted the 15-Minute Per Lot Closing. Initial bids must be placed before 9:00 CST by all bidders that want to participate during the 15-Minute Rule. After a 5 month trial period, we are keeping the closing format as we have noticed that collectors really like the format. For lots that had several bidders, we saw spirited bidding, allowing the remaining bidders to focus exclusively on the lots they wanted. Lots with no bids after the 15-Minute Rule expired were able to go to bed and now stay awake to the wee hours of the morning. MEARS Auctions listed to our customers, and are very confident that this format most benefits both our consignors and bidders.
October was a record breaking auction with many record prices realized. Game worn jerseys, memorabilia, and game used baseballs saw many record setting prices. We are currently accepting consignments for our November auction.
Recent prices realized include:
- 1965 Willie Mays San Francisco Giants MVP Season Game Worn Glove Sold For $26,101 (World Record Price)
- 1959 Cassius Clay Earliest Known Boxing Poster Sold For $13,133 (World Record Price for this Poster)
- 1985-90 Reggie White Philadelphia Eagles Game Worn Jersey Sold for $10,541 (World Record Price)
- 1961 Green Bay Packers Team Signed Autographed Football Sold for $6,544 (World Record Price)
- 1987-91 Kirby Puckett Minnesota Twins Game Worn Batting Helmet Sold for $4,234 (World Record Price)
- 1946 Stan Musial St. Louis Cardinals Autographed World Series Baseball Sold for $2,186
Based on collector feedback, the rest of the auction did quite well with respect to final prices realized. Our November auction is shaping up to be another record breaking sales month thanks to currently pledged consignments.
Special Consignments Wanted
- High Grade Babe Ruth Single Signed Baseball
- Wayne Gretzky Jersey w/ Provenance
- High Grade Roger Maris Single Signed Baseball
- Derek Jeter Game Worn Jersey (MEARS A10)
- Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Game Worn Home Jersey w / Provenance
- Brian Noble Green Bay Packers Game Worn Items
- 1984 Tony Gwynn Game Worn Bat
We are in need of collections, accumulations, storage units, and high end items for our next auction. With the 15,000 square foot MEARS Auction Center, we can successfully process collections of all sizes. MEARS Auctions will work with you to provide a professional auction experience.
Some of the benefits provided by MEARS Auctions include:
- Provide Cash Advances for your collection
- 30 day consignor payout
- Free Authentication and Grading for select game worn jerseys and game used bats
- Detailed & Historic write-ups, specializing in game worn / used items
- Consistent Auction Schedule, 12 monthly auctions that keep collectors interested in MEARS Auctions
- World Wide Marketing to bring maximum exposure to your items
- Access to the strongest buyers and collectors in the World!
Our auctions specialize in collections of all categories, sizes, and price ranges. One item or an entire collection, MEARS wants your collection. We are aggressively searching for items in the following categories:
- Pop Culture, TV & Movie, Comic, Horror/Monster
- Americana, Presidential, Historical, Space, Western, Political, Military
- Sports, Football, Basketball, Boxing, Baseball, Vintage Wrestling, Motorcycle Racing
We are currently seeking single items & collection of:
- Pre-1960 baseball jackets, sweaters, and coats
- Game Worn Jerseys
- Game Used Bats
- Autographs – All major sports, fields, & subjects. Single items or complete collections
- Programs / Scorecards
- Muhammad Ali / Cassius Clay
- Pinback Buttons
- All memorabilia
- Vintage cards-Baseball, Football, Basketball, wax, sets, singles, etc.
- Full Tickets, Stubs
- Game Worn Player Caps- all teams & styles
- Vintage Football, Baseball, and Basketball Equipment
- PSA & SGC Graded Cards
- Ungraded Cards, Sets, Regional Issues, Etc.
- Babe Ruth Items
- Mickey Mantle Items
- Lou Gehrig Items
- Ty Cobb Items
For a free appraisal and consultation, please contact Troy R. Kinunen at (414) 828 9990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.