The MEARS August Auction closed with many RECORD Prices being realized. The game worn jersey market is still red hot, with knits garnering lots of new interest. Historic players of the 1970’s and early 1980’s are still very affordable when compared to their flannel counterparts. With high quality flannels routinely selling in the $100,000+ range, it is only common sense that knits will be the next product line to significantly increase in value.
Prices realized from the MEARS August Auction included 2001 Ichiro $12,105, 1972 Carlton Fisk $11,837, and a pair of 1986 Larry Bird playoffs shoes ($17,365). The following items are some highlights from our September Auction:
Game Worn Jerseys
- 1982 RARE Nolan Ryan Houston Astros Game Worn Jersey and cleats
- 1982 Gaylord Perry Seattle Mariners Game Worn Jersey
- 1983 Don Sutton Milwaukee Brewers Game Worn Jersey and cleats
- 1980s Larry Bird Black Converse Autographed Game Worn Shoes
- 2007-08 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers Game Worn Jersey (Obtained at Charity Auction)
- 1977 George Brett Kansas City Royals Road Game Worn Jersey
- 1980 Robin Yount Milwaukee Brewers Road Game Worn Jersey
- 1977 Phil Niekro Atlanta Braves Road Game Worn Jersey
- 1972 circa John Hanna Alabama Game Worn Jersey
Strong prices have been realized during our Monthly Auctions, and our selection of quality autographs continue to improve. This month we will continue to provide a quality selection of vintage autographs. We also have two significant collections that are fresh to the hobby. The following two baseballs, George Sisler and Walter Johnson, were obtained by our consignor’s grandmother, a trade for two doughnuts from the bakery shop she worked.
- 1926 George Sisler Single Signed Official American League Baseball
- 1926 Walter Johnson Single Signed non-official Baseball
Additionally, we have a fresh to the hobby autograph collection containing Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Mathewson, and dozens of other HOFers. Many other great items soon to be announced.