Next month SCP Auctions’ much-anticipated 2016 Spring Premier online auction will open with more than 1,200 quality lots up for sale. Bidding will begin on Wednesday, April 6, just as the new MLB season is getting underway. Featured amongst the incredible lineup of important sports memorabilia and cards will be an impressive assortment of original game-worn uniforms, jerseys and championship rings from the estate of baseball legend Don Drysdale.
Also included in the blockbuster auction will be Part 4 of the Delbert Mickel Collection of Important Baseball Jerseys, championship rings from Hall of Famers Duke Snider and Harmon Killebrew, and fight-worn boxing equipment from former heavyweight champion of the world, Rocky Marciano. In addition, a complete set of full, unused PSA-graded Super Bowl tickets from all 50 Super Bowls will be up for grabs, the highest graded collection ever offered at auction. And the agreement to settle all arguments “ the August 23rd, 1989, agreement between MLB and Pete Rose that banned Rose from baseball for life” is also headed to the auction block!
- Don Drysdale’s 1956 Brooklyn Dodgers Game Worn Home Uniform from His Rookie Season (Drysdale Collection)
- Don Drysdale’s 1963 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship 14k Gold Ring (Drysdale Collection)
- Historic August 23rd, 1989 Agreement between MLB and Pete Rose which Bans Rose from Baseball for Life signed by Rose, Commissioner Bart Giamatti, and Attorneys
- 1967-2016 Super Bowl I Through 50 Full Ticket Run All PSA Graded – Highest Rated Complete Set Ever Offered!
- Duke Snider’s 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers National League Champions 10k Gold Ring (Snider COA)
- 1949 Hollywood Gold Cup Won By Solidarity Ridden By Hof Jockey Ralph Neves At Hollywood Park California – 63.1 Ounces of Solid 14k Gold!
- 1936 R327 Diamond Stars One-Of-A-Kind Uncut Sheet of the 12 Never Issued High Numbers with Hornsby/Bottomley, Gomez, and Goslin
- 1952 Topps Baseball Complete Set Of 407 with EX PSA 5 #311 Mickey Mantle Rookie
- 1957-58 Topps Basketball Original File Sets From Topps Archives (2 Complete Sets)
- Harmon Killebrew’s 1965 Minnesota Twins American League Championship Ring (Killebrew COA)
- 1955 Topps #164 Roberto Clemente Rookie NM-MT PSA 8
- 1911 Addie Joss Day Game Used Baseball Autographed By 19 Incl. Joe Jackson
- 3/21/1949 Rocky Marciano Match Used Everlast Boxing Gloves for the 13th Fight of His Career vs. Johnny Pretzie (Marciano Family LOA)
- 1968 Steve Carlton Autographed St. Louis Cardinals Game Worn Home Jersey (Delbert Mickel Collection)
- 1963 Brooks Robinson Autographed Baltimore Orioles Game Worn Home Jersey (MEARS A10, Delbert Mickel Collection)
BIDDING BEGINS ON WED., APRIL 6th!
About SCP Auctions
SCP Auctions is one of the nation’s largest auctioneers and private sellers of important sports memorabilia and cards, and is considered a leader in its industry. Founded in 1979 by David Kohler, SCP Auction’s record speaks for itself, as the company has realized record auction and private sale prices for items including the c. 1920 Babe Ruth New York Yankees game worn road jersey ($4.415 million); T-206 Honus Wagner card ($2.8 million); the bat Babe Ruth used to hit the first home run in old Yankee Stadium ($1.265 million); the contract that sent Babe Ruth to the Yankees from the Red Sox ($996,000); Barry Bonds’ record-breaking No. 756 home run ball ($752,467); and Babe Ruth’s gold pocket watch presented to him by the New York Yankees during his last appearance at Yankee Stadium in 1948 ($650,108). The company’s consistency and industry knowledge have helped to maintain SCP Auctions’ stellar reputation as a dominant figure in the sports memorabilia world, and it is highly visible throughout the category due to its presence at major collectibles shows across the country and placement in all the major trade publications.
SCP Auctions principals David Kohler, Dan Imler, Clay Hill, and Brendan Wells have more than 100 years of combined industry experience and dealing in vintage sports cards and memorabilia isn’t just their jobs – it’s their passion. SCP Auctions has the expertise for every collector’s interest, whether your passion is in 19th century material, high grade PSA/SGC cards, game-used pieces or single cards and sets.
SCP Auctions, the only sports memorabilia company to have partnered with storied auction house Sotheby’s, is constantly striving to uncover incredible collections and offer the most interesting, valuable and unique collectibles possible. The private collections of Honus Wagner, Casey Stengel, Pee Wee Reese, Wilt Chamberlain, Bob Cousy, George Mikan, John Havlicek, Dr. J, Paul Hornung, Ozzie Smith, and Oscar Robertson are just some of the one-of-a kind offerings that the company has presented collectors.
SCP Auctions is happy to offer suggestions and guidance on how to get the most out of any collector’s budget. SCP Auctions prides itself on customer service and speedy responses to any issue or inquiry, and calls many of the nation’s top collectors its clients and, more important, friends. SCP Auctions has aided collectors in their own collection sales, including both the Bill Nowlin and Bill Riddell historic bat collections, featuring game-used bats from Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig; the Mitsuhiko Fujita collection spanning the 1928, ’31, and ’34 major league all-star tours to Japan; the Kirk Harris T206 tobacco card collection; and the esteemed collection of Dr. Douglas Triplett’s “regionals” and test-issue single cards. We know we wouldn’t be able to succeed without your active participation, and we value our relationships with collectors and consignors alike.
For more information on SCP Auctions, please visit our web site at scpauctions.com.