Goldin Auctions, the leading marketplace for collectibles and trading cards, is accelerating its plans to redefine the rapidly growing sports memorabilia industry by appointing world-class digital content and partnership experts from across the sports, tech and commerce sectors.
Following the company’s recent $40 million funding round led by The Chernin Group (TCG), Goldin Auctions has embarked on an exciting period of growth and development. The company is swiftly moving forward with its plans to create a one-stop-shop for collectors to not only buy and sell rare and valuable collectibles, but to also connect and share their passion for the hobby.
Goldin Auctions is widely recognized as a driving force behind growing enthusiasm in the trading cards and memorabilia industry, most recently by shattering multiple world records for auction sales. By investing in the industry and pursuing innovative partnerships with prominent sports media outlets, teams, players and leagues, Goldin will define the future of the hobby into the next generation.
The company’s new hires include:
- Sam Farber, Head of Business Development and Content: Previously SVP of Digital at the NBA where he spent over a decade, Farber will lead content strategy and partner development opportunities.
- Moraa Gekonge, Head Of Operations and Supply Chain: Joining from leading Misfits Market where she oversaw growth from four team members to a 250,000-square-foot facility with 760 warehouse associates, Gekonge will manage ongoing operations improvements.
- Josh Lee, Head of Finance and Business Operations: With 20+ years of experience leading tech companies including Shutterfly and as the head of finance at Pegasus Tech Ventures, Lee will be responsible for enhancing financial infrastructure and implementing improved operational processes.
- Maly Ohrenschall, Head of Customer Experience: With 15 years of experience in tech and insurance, including leading Uber’s global claims service ahead of its IPO, Ohrenschall will oversee all customer experience at Goldin.
- Larry Sequino, Head of Product: Former Tinder Group Product Manager where he led a cross-functional team that oversaw product roadmap and user experience, Sequino will lead product and design at Goldin.
- Dan Van Tran, Chief Technology Officer: As the former Senior Director of Clinical Engineering at cutting-edge health-tech platform Flatiron Health, Van Tran will spearhead innovative technological upgrades to Goldin’s trusted platform.
“Given the explosion in the hobby over the last few years, we are focused on bringing in world-class talent to Goldin to help bring our members the best experience possible, from achieving maximum reach for consignors to making it easy for bidders to discover and receive their collectibles as quickly as possible,” said Goldin Auctions CEO Ross Hoffman. “We are focusing on technology, operations and audience, with personalization at the center of everything we do.”
The new hires join Goldin during an unprecedented period of success and innovation. Over the first three months of the year, the company surpassed its entire 2020 year in sales — $100 million — and has currently sold more than $130 million of items in 2021. The company also recently announced it would enable users to buy and sell goods with Bitcoin and Ethereum through an integration with Gemini, the Winklevoss-owned cryptocurrency exchange and custodian.
For more about Goldin Auctions and to apply for open positions, visit GoldinAuctions.com.
About Goldin Auctions:
Goldin Auctions is the leading marketplace for trading cards, sports memorabilia and other collectibles. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin Auctions because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin Auctions is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. For more information, visit GoldinAuctions.com. Learn more at www.goldinauctions.com, on Twitter and Instagram.