Goldin Auctions, the leading marketplace for collectibles and trading cards, announces the opening of its April Premium auction, featuring a LeBron James and a Tom Brady card that are each capable of commanding more than $2 million dollars. Should each card fetch a price that industry trends suggest it may sell for, it would mark the first time in history that a single auction has sold two trading cards for more than $2 million apiece.
The first card that may break $2 million is an autographed LeBron James 2003-04 “Exquisite Collection” Rookie Patch Parallel, of which only 99 exist on earth. The card is graded BGS MINT 9/10 and has an autograph grade of 10. In July of 2020, Goldin Auctions sold another card from the same set for $1.8 million.
The second card capable of securing a record-breaking price is a signed Brady 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Rookie Ticket card, which is largely considered the finest and most sought-after football card in the world. It boasts a grade of BGS NM-MT 8.5/10 and the highest-available autograph grade, a perfect 10, which is superior to another card in the set that recently sold at auction.
“Fans have been asking us to pull out the big guns so here we go,” said Ken Goldin, Founder and Chairman of Goldin Auctions. “When you talk about these cards, words like ‘premier’ and ‘elite’ just don’t get the message across. These are legitimately the holy grail of the collectibles world. They are the items with the grades that hobbyists go to bed at night and dream about. Here they are. Come and get them.”
The auction features several additional notable items, including:
- 1961/62 Fleer #8 Wilt Chamberlain Rookie Card – PSA MINT 9 (LOT #3)
- 1948 Leaf #79 Jackie Robinson Rookie Card – SGC NM+ 7.5 (LOT #5)
- 1955 Topps #164 Roberto Clemente Rookie Card – PSA NM-MT+ 8.5 (LOT #6)
- 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 (LOT #9)
- 1996-97 Bowman’s Best Rookie Atomic Refractor #R23 Kobe Bryant Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 (LOT #13)
- 2002-03 Panini Sports Mega Craques #137 Cristiano Ronaldo Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 (LOT #17)
- 2007-08 Exquisite Collection #94 Kevin Durant Rookie Patch Autograph Gold (#12/35) – BGS AUTHENTIC (LOT #22)
- 1977 Futbol (Soccer) Discs #11 Diego Armando Maradona Rookie Card – PSA NM 7 (LOT #41)
Hot Vintage Card Include:
- Lot #3: 1961/62 Fleer #8 Wilt Chamberlain Rookie Card – PSA MINT 9
- Lot #6: 1955 Topps #164 Roberto Clemente Rookie Card – PSA NM-MT+ 8.5
- Lot #4: 1915 Cracker Jack #57 Walter Johnson – PSA NM-MT 8
- Lot #31: 1948 Leaf #79 Jackie Robinson Rookie Card – PSA EX-MT+ 6.5
- Lot #5: 1948 Leaf #79 Jackie Robinson Rookie Card – SGC NM+ 7.5 Lot #48: 1977 Futbol (Soccer) Discs
- #11 Diego Armando Maradona Rookie Card – PSA NM 7 “1 of 5!”
- Lot #48: 1977 Futbol (Soccer) Discs #11 Diego Armando Maradona Rookie Card – PSA NM 7 “1 of 5!”
- Lot #8: 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card – PSA MINT 9
- Lot #43: 1969-70 Topps #25 Lew Alcindor Rookie Card – PSA NM-MT 8
- Lot #7: 1970-71 Topps #75 Lew Alcindor – PSA GEM MT 10 “1 of 1!”
- Lot #38: 1958 Alifabolaget #635 Pele Rookie Card – PSA VG 3 (MK)
- Lot #28: 1909-11 T206 White Border Cy Young, Portrait – PSA NM 7
- Lot #258: 1933 Goudey #181 Babe Ruth – SGC VG 3
- Lot #27: 1909-11 T206 White Border Christy Mathewson, Portrait – PSA EX-MT 6
- Lot #29: 1909-11 T206 White Border Walter Johnson, Portrait – PSA EX-MT 6
- Lot #34: 1952 Topps #311 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card – PSA VG 3
- Lot #49: 1979-80 Topps #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card – PSA MINT 9
- Lot #45: 1970-71 Topps #123 Pete Maravich Rookie Card – PSA MINT 9
Goldin Auctions has built a reputation as the trusted leader in trading cards, memorabilia and collectibles. Its last two auctions alone have done more than $80 million in combined sales, smashing several records along the way.
The 2021 April Premium auction closes on April 24th. Goldin Auctions is also actively accepting consignments for its Monthly Card Auctions and Goldin Elite Auction. To inquire about consigning items, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goldin Auctions:
Goldin Auctions is the leading marketplace for trading cards, sports memorabilia and other collectibles. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin Auctions because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin Auctions is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. For more information, visit GoldinAuctions.com. Learn more at www.goldinauctions.com, on Twitter and Instagram.