Goldin Auctions’ monthly auction sold $8.5 million in trading cards, surpassing the company’s previous record for this type of auction by 60%. With the results of the auction, the company is announcing it has surpassed its entire 2020 year in sales — $100 million — just three months into the year.
Headlining items of the auction included an autographed Jay-Z trading card, which sold for $105,780, which is an all-time record for any non-sports/Trading Card Game card as well as a 2017 Ronald Acuña, Jr. card, which sold for $370,230, an all-time record for any Acuña, Jr. card.
Additional record-breaking cards from the auction included:
- 2003-04 Upper Deck SPX #151 LeBron James Signed Patch Rookie Card (#650/750) – BGS PRISTINE 10/BGS 10: $137,760 (Record for this card)
- 2011 Topps Update Target Red Border #US175 Mike Trout Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10: $136,530 (Record for this card)
- 2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks & Prospects Autograph Refractor #BDPP89 Mike Trout Signed Rookie Card (#429/500) – PSA GEM MT 10, PSA/DNA 10: $105,780 (Record for this card)
- 2013-14 Fleer Retro Metal Universe Precious Metals Gems Green #252 Giannis Antetokounmpo Rookie Card (#08/10) – BGS MINT 9: $99,630 (Record for this card)
- 1981 Topps #216 Joe Montana Rookie Card – BGS GEM MINT 9.5: $87,330 (Record for card in this grade)
- 2011 Bowman Chrome Draft Prospect Autographs (Red Refractors) #FL Francisco Lindor Signed Rookie Card (#4/5) – BGS GEM MINT 9.5/BGS 10: $75,030 (Record for this card)
Goldin Auctions is the leading marketplace for trading cards, sports memorabilia and other collectibles. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin Auctions because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin Auctions is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. For more information, visit GoldinAuctions.com. Learn more at www.goldinauctions.com, on Twitter and Instagram.