The catalog auction (Lots #90-964) are open for bidding through August 11 at GoldinAuctions.com. Bid, view and register at goldinauctions.com. Goldin Auctions is currently accepting consignments for its September Internet Auction and October Legends Auction. To consign an item, visit GoldinAuctions.com.
WHITNEY HOUSTON’S SIGNED BIBLE & MORE UP FOR BIDS
Fresh on the heels of Goldin Auctions’ record-setting live auction at the National Sports Collector’s Convention last week, the Goldin Auctions 2018 Summer Catalog Auction closes on Saturday night with more than 850-lots of sports, entertainment and historical memorabilia at GoldinAuctions.com.
Here’s a look at some of the auction highlights and current bids as of Aug 8 at 9:00 am ET.
- Lot #93 – John Lennon Personally Owned & Used Sardar Flute Harmonium Instrument (Current Bid: $75,000)
- Lot #94 – 1997-98 Madonna MTV Music Award for Best Video of the Year “Ray of Light” (Current Bid: $6,000)
- Lot #95 – 2000 Madonna MTV Europe Music Award for Best Female (Current Bid $4,250)
- Lot #932 – Whitney Houston’s Signed Personal Bible – Her personally owned Life Application Study Bible is bound with tan leather, and features Houston’s handwriting in multiple places. On the “Marriage” page, she wrote about her marriage to Bobby Brown, noting the date they married, their pastor, the maid of honor, and best man for their ceremony. Houston has signed this page in black pen. On the opposite page, she noted the birth of her daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, her birthdate, “3/4/93”, and her place of birth, “New Jersey”. On the following page, she notes the death of her father, “Mr. John Houston”, and the date of his death, “Feb 2, 2003”. This bible is a stunning artifact from the life of one of the greatest and best-selling musical artists in history. It is accompanied by a LOA from JSA and Steve Grad of Beckett Authentication (A74543). Additionally, a Letter of Provenance from Houston’s former landlord is included. (Current Bid: $5,000)
- The Daisy Berkowitz Collection – 13 lots of memorabilia including song lyrics, guitars and clothing from the original Marilyn Manson band member (aka Scott Putesky)
- Lot 58 – 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Game Used, Photo Matched & Signed Rookie Season Road Jersey (MeiGray & JSA) — The experts at MeiGray have found two photo matches of Gretzky, donning this jersey during his very first season in the NHL. The first is on page 52 of the book “Wayne Gretzky: Portrait of a Hockey Player” with the other on the cover of a Dec. 28, 1980 game program which to this being worn by Gretzky during both the 1979-1980 NHL pre and regular seasons. (Current Bid: $285,000)
- Lot #51 – 1997-98 Michael Jordan Game Used, Signed & Photomatched Bulls Home Jersey for 5,000th Career Assist – Dated to 4/11/98 versus Orlando, during his final MVP season and championship season. (Current Bid: $81,000)
- Lot #265 – 1986-87 Fleer Basketball PSA MINT 9 and PSA GEM MINT 10 Complete 132-card Set (Current Bid: $30,000)
- Lot #46 – 1972-75 Walt “Clyde” Frazier NY Knicks Game Used & Signed Knicks Home Jersey (Current Bid: $28,000)
- Lot #82 – Rare and Historic Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella and King Faisel II of Iraq Multi-Signed OLN Giles Baseball from 1952 (PSA/DNA & JSA) (Current Bid: $5,000)
- Lot #72 – 2017 Anthony Rizzo HR Ball Sets Cubs Post-Season Career HR Record 10/7/17 versus Washington (Current Bid: $5,000)
- Lot #30 – Early 1960’s Jim Parker Baltimore Colts Road Jersey (current bid $19,000)
- The Mike Singletary Collection – Featuring nearly 30-lots of memorabilia from the Chicago Bears Hall of Fame linebacker. All lots come with Singletary LOA.
Goldin Auctions is currently accepting consignments for its September Internet Auction and October Legends Auction. To consign an item, visit GoldinAuctions.com.
About Goldin Auctions
Sports memorabilia impresario Ken Goldin has sold more than $700 million in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using the medium of television to sell sports memorabilia. Over the past few years, Goldin Auctions sold Babe Ruth’s 1918 contract for a record $1.02 million, an Honus Wagner T206 card for a public sale record $3.12 million, the Mike Piazza Post-9/11 home run jersey for $365,000, and the 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky PSA 10 rookie card for a record $465,000. Goldin Auctions strives to break new ground and offer collectors the best in collectible treasures up for auction in the marketplace. All game-worn or autographed items come with team, player, league or additional LOA from industry leading authenticators; and collectors can bid with confidence that their proxy/ceiling bids remain confidential. For more information, visit www.goldinauctions.com.