Goldin Auctions, the leading marketplace for collectibles and trading cards, is preparing to shatter the all-time single auction record with the launch of its Elite Auction. Open for bidding on May 3 and concluding on May 22-23, 2021, the Elite Auction will include the most diverse and rare assortment of premium trading cards and sports collectibles items ever assembled for sale.
The auction is headlined by a 1909-11 T206 White Border Honus Wagner – PSA GD 2 – card, widely considered the most valuable, desirable and iconic baseball card, representing the very heart and soul of the entire sports collecting world. Bidding will begin at $1 million and the final price could exceed $5 million.
The auction also includes a Michael Jordan autographed NBA All-Star Game Used Patch Card, which was originally purchased 23 years ago in a pack of cards that cost only $6. This card alone, which is considered to be one of the most valuable Jordan cards in existence, could sell for as much as $2.5 million. The auction will also include a 100-item “Hall of Fame” set, honoring the late Kobe Bryant, which will include his earliest known game-worn rookie jersey and hundreds of additional items related to the 18-time NBA All-Star who will posthumously be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame just days before the auction ends.
“This is easily the best and most diverse group of collectibles I’ve ever sold at one time, and I’ve been doing this for more than 40 years,” said Goldin Auctions Executive Chairman and Founder Ken Goldin. “I wouldn’t be surprised if we catapulted past $50 million in total sales and once again set the bar and redefined what’s possible in the collectibles industry. If you’re serious about this hobby, you’ll be tuned in to our Elite Auction because you’re not going to want to miss history.”
Goldin Auctions has built a reputation as the trusted leader in trading cards, memorabilia and collectibles. The company has consistently broken auction records this year, setting the bar in January with an auction that sold $33 million in trading cards and collectibles, and then breaking that record twice with its March Premium Auction, which reached $38.2 million in sales and it’s Winter Auction, which sold $45.2 million worth of items.
The auction features several premium items, including:
- LeBron’s First “Exquisite Collection” Rookie Card (LOT #2)
- 1980-81 Topps Scoring Leader Larry Bird/Magic Johnson Rookie Card with a PSA GEM MT 10 grading (LOT #4)
- Mickey Mantle’s First Topps Trading Card (LOT #5)
- 2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Rookie Ticket #144 Tom Brady Signed Rookie Card – The Hobby’s Most Desirable NFL Card! (LOT #6)
- 1993 Upper Deck SP Foil Derek Jeter Rookie Card with a PSA GEM MT 10 grade (LOT # 7)
- 1921 E121 American Caramel Babe Ruth card (LOT #12)
- 1954 Topps Henry Aaron Rookie Card –(LOT #16)
- 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax Rookie Card (LOT #17)
- Exquisite Collection Magic Johnson/Larry Bird Dual-Signed Game-Used Logoman Patch Card (LOT #20)
- 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Complete Set (132) – Including Michael Jordan Rookie Card – All PSA GEM MT 10! (LOT #25)
- 1937 Clint Frank Yale University Original Heisman Trophy (LOT #44)
- 1967 Reggie Jackson Game Used & Signed Kansas City Royals Jersey Worn For First Career Home Run (LOT #112)
- 2018 Ronald Acuña Jr. Major League Debut Game Used Jersey & Pants (LOT #139)
The 2021 May Elite auction closes on May 22-23. Goldin Auctions is also actively accepting consignments for its Monthly Card Auctions and Goldin Elite Auction. To inquire about consigning items, email email@example.com.
About Goldin Auctions:
Goldin Auctions is the leading marketplace for trading cards, sports memorabilia and other collectibles. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin Auctions because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin Auctions is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. For more information, visit GoldinAuctions.com. Learn more at www.goldinauctions.com, on Twitter and Instagram.