Heritage Auctions is thrilled to introduce the Monthly Showcase Sports Auction, a new Internet-only auction sure to be a favorite among sellers and buyers of cards and collectibles. The auction is in progress and goes into extended bidding June 26, 2021. Bid, view and register for the auction at sports.ha.com.
This auction, done without printed catalogs, features only material already graded and/or authenticated by a leading third-party service when consigned.
Highlights to be featured in the Showcase Sports Auction:
- 2000 Playoff Contenders Football Unopened Hobby Box – Tom Brady Rookie Year
- 1996 Greater Milwaukee Open Badge/Ticket – (Tiger Woods Professional Debut) PSA Authentic –1/1 Only Slabbed Example!
- LeBron James NBA Top Shot (Series 1) Legendary From The Top #30/59 – Kobe Bryant Tribute Dunk!.
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 PSA Good+ 2.5
- 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan #57 PSA Mint 9
- 1948-49 Leaf Jackie Robinson #79 SGC VG-EX 4
- 2000 Bowman Chrome Football Unopened Hobby Box – Tom Brady Rookie Year!.
- Circa 2000 Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant Sized Large UDA Photograph
Similar to Heritage Sports Collectibles’ standard catalog auctions, all lots will open at 25% of the low estimate and will close in 30-minute Extended Bidding format. Auctions will open on the first Thursday of every month and will run for two weeks.
Consign to Monthly Auction
Suitable material for consignment to the Monthly Showcase Sports Auction will include graded trading cards, autographed material already authenticated by such services as PSA/DNA, Beckett, Upper Deck and Steiner, and game-used material already authenticated by the likes of PSA/DNA, MEARS and MeiGray. Consignors of certain types of memorabilia not requiring third-party authentication, such as championship rings or World Series programs and press pins, may also be eligible.
“Quite simply, we have listened to our clientele, who have been asking for expedited auctions,” says Heritage’s Chris Ivy, Director of Sports Auctions. “This new format is going to appeal to a large audience looking to decrease the time from delivery of their consignments to the receipt of their settlement checks.”
From promotions to PR, these Monthly Showcase Auctions will be treated like every other major catalog event at Heritage. These auctions are no less fantastic than the auctions that have made Heritage the world’s largest sports-collectibles, only more frequent. Each one will be heavily promoted electronically via email, featured placement on the Heritage Auctions website and highlight mailers.