Heritage Auctions is thrilled to introduce the Monthly Showcase Sports Auction, a Internet-only auction sure to be a favorite among sellers and buyers of cards and collectibles. The auction is in progress and goes into extended bidding October 22, 2022. Bid, view and register for the auction at sports.ha.com.
This auction, done without printed catalogs, features only material already graded and/or authenticated by a leading third-party service when consigned.
1 – Sports Collectibles Session
(Lots 57001-58026) – 10:00 PM Central Time, Saturday, October 22, 2022.
(Internet bidding closes at 10:00 PM Central Time the evening the session begins, with extended bidding available.)
Highlights to be featured in the Showcase Sports Auction:
- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle #311 SGC VG 3
- 2000 Upper Deck SP Authentic Tom Brady Rookie #118 PSA Gem Mint 10 – #’d 961/1250
- 2003 NetPro International Series Serena Williams (Court Authentic Series A) #2A PSA Authentic, PSA/DNA Auto 10 – #’d 64/100.
- 1984 Star Co. Michael Jordan Rookie #101 PSA NM 7.
- 1996 Topps Chrome Basketball Factory Sealed Box – Kobe Bryant Rookie Year!
- 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle #253 PSA VG 3
- 1940 Babe Ruth (Yankees) Signed Cut Signature with Great Provenance, PSA/DNA Auto 9
- 1909-11 T206 Piedmont 150/25 Ty Cobb (Portrait Green) SGC Good 2
- 1948-49 Leaf Jackie Robinson #79 PSA Good+ 2.5
- 2003 NetPro International Series Venus Williams (Court Authentic Series A) #8A PSA Authentic, Auto 10 – #’d 53/100
You be the Old Judge! Pre-War Cards Line the Basepaths in October 22 Sports Showcase Auction
Heritage Auctions is excited to present 80 lots of Pre-War baseball cards, dating from 1887 forward in our October 22 Sports Showcase Auction, which is now live on HA.com/sports. The origin of professional baseball is covered with two issues of King Kelly and a Tim Keefe, followed by an array of T-206, Caramels and a mass of Goudeys. The full evolution from tobacco cards to candy cards to gum cards is up for bidding.
All lots will open at 25% of the low estimate and will close in 30-minute Extended Bidding format.
Consign to Monthly Auction
Suitable material for consignment to the Monthly Showcase Sports Auction will include graded trading cards, autographed material already authenticated by such services as PSA/DNA, Beckett, Upper Deck and Steiner, and game-used material already authenticated by the likes of PSA/DNA, MEARS and MeiGray. Consignors of certain types of memorabilia not requiring third-party authentication, such as championship rings or World Series programs and press pins, may also be eligible.
“Quite simply, we have listened to our clientele, who have been asking for expedited auctions,” says Heritage’s Chris Ivy, Director of Sports Auctions. “This new format is going to appeal to a large audience looking to decrease the time from delivery of their consignments to the receipt of their settlement checks.”
From promotions to PR, these Monthly Showcase Auctions will be treated like every other major catalog event at Heritage. These auctions are no less fantastic than the auctions that have made Heritage the world’s largest sports-collectibles, only more frequent. Each one will be heavily promoted electronically via email, featured placement on the Heritage Auctions website and highlight mailers.