Tinkers to Evers to Chance 1906-1908 Chicago Cubs Rare Memorabilia – to take the field at Upcoming Premier Collectible Conference & Exhibition.Â A special “Tinkers to Evers to Chance” Chicago Cubs exhibit will be featured at the upcoming Premier Collectible and Conference Exhibition on April 17-20 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Admission to the conference is free to those who register online before March 31 at www.pcce2008.com. Following that date, on site admission will be $10 and children under 12 will be admitted at no charge.
Tinkers to Evers to Chance 1906-1908 Chicago Cubs Rare Memorabilia – to take the field at Upcoming Premier Collectible Conference & ExhibitionÂ Â The year 2008 marks the 100th anniversary of the last time the Chicago Cubs laid claim to a World Championship. One can only speculate as to whether this year will be the year that puts an end to the long suffering Cubbies and their fans with a World Series championship. But in the meantime, Cubs fans can enjoy a look back in time when the much loved northsiders not only held the championship, they owned baseball.
From the early 1900s to roughly 1911, the Chicago Cubs were the reigning baseball dynasty. The team’s royalty included the superhuman double play trio of shortstop Joe Tinker, second baseman Johnny Evers and first baseman, Frank Chance. The Tinkers to Evers to Chance play became one of the most feared and anticipated events in a Chicago Cubs game. Tinker, Evers, and Chance were all part of the Chicago Cubs’ World Series-winning teams in 1907 and 1908, as well as the pennant-winner in 1910.
Among the rare and valuable items being displayed are (aggregate value of display $500,000):
* Circa 1908 Frank Chance complete uniform ($100,000)
* 1907 Chicago Cubs World Series Game 5 baseball ($25,000)
* 1908 World Championship Trophy ($100,000)
* 1906 to 1908 Championship Medallions ($100,000)
* Johnny Evers 1921 Managers jersey and circa 1908 pants ($50,000)
* Circa 1908 jack “The Giant Killer” Pfeister game pants ($5,000)
* Circa 1908 Harry Steinfeldt Game Used pants ($5,000)
* Significant Johnny Evers Handwritten letter ($10,000);
* Rare Frank Chance signed letter on Cubs Ranch stationary ($10,000)
* Conlon photo of Mordecai “Three Fingers” Brown ($5,000)
* Frank Chance Day Collection ($5,000)
* Circa 1908 Pennants ($5,000)
* Cubs vintage baseball cards ($10,000).
The Premier Collectibles Conference and Exhibition (PCCE), where the 100 year old Cubs artifacts will be displayed, is a unique event unlike anything that currently exists in the collectible industry. The goal of the PCCE is to bring serious collectors and the industry’s most respected sources together in a professional environment that reflects the current state of the collectible industry. Created for the serious collectors to buy, sell, consign, and authenticating there sports cards and memorabilia and to address topics, challenges, provide education and discuss trends in the collectible arena, the PCCE will be mutually beneficial to all participants. While initially the brainchild of Doug Allen of Mastro Auctions and Ryan Friedman, owner of Auction Report, the PCCE concept has quickly gained strong support from the industry’s top tier of collectible- associated businesses and forward thinking collectors.
For more information, click here.