● Patrick Mahomes rookie card that has set the record for the most expensive
football card ever sold: $861,000
● Most valuable Michael Jordan 1986 Fleer Rookie card ever sold: $738,000
● Most ever paid for a Mickey Mantle card graded PSA 8: $1,605,150
● Highest priced Kobe Bryant card ever sold: $461,250
● Highest price for any Luka Doncic card: $799,500
● Highest price for any Lou Gehrig card: $801,960
● Most expensive Stephen Curry card ever: $984,000
● Highest price ever for an Anthony Davis card: $1,045,500
● Jordan’s final game worn jersey, the most valuable Jordan jersey ever sold: $584,250
● Most expensive Pokémon card set ever sold: $682,650
The value of vintage and modern trading cards has increased exponentially in recent years as a new crop of super stars has led to a rush of interest in the hobby. The previous record for an online sports auction was set last year in an auction that grossed more than $21 million. Hobbyist and fan interest in Patrick Mahomes cards, including the record breaking rookie card sold in this auction, has also surged in advance of this weekend’s coming SuperBowl.
“I’ve been collecting cards and memorabilia for my whole life and I’ve never seen as much interest in the hobby. Long-time collectors have seen the value of their items soar and new collectors have rushed in because they view the hobby as not only fun but also a valuable investment,” said Ken Goldin, the founder of Goldin Auctions. “It’s gratifying to see the hard work of our team on behalf of our consignors lead to these record setting results.”
Goldin Auctions has built a reputation as the trusted leader in trading cards, memorabilia and collectibles. The company has overseen more than $275 million worth of sales, including more than $100 million in 2020 alone. A new auction of approximately 1,000 items, including a 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie card graded PSA 10 and a 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky rookie card, will go live on February 5. Goldin Auctions will run two auctions per month in 2021 and is constantly accepting consignments. To inquire about consigning items, email firstname.lastname@example.org.