A Michael Jordan 2002 Wizards photo-matched, game-worn jersey gifted to “The Last Dance” security guard John Michael Wozniak and a 2003-04 Exquisite Collection Gold #78 LeBron James rookie card headline the Lelands 2020 Spring Classic Auction along with 1,300 other amazing pieces of memorabilia and autographs, which is open for bidding and runs through December 11. Bid, Register and view the auction at lelands.com.
The Jordan Wizards game-used jersey highlights an assortment of MJ memorabilia from the personal collection of Wozniak up for bid including his Bulls security jacket signed by Jordan, a 1993 “Christmas” Rolex watch gifted by the NBA legend and a 1998 Jordan Bulls six-time NBA championship ring presented to him. Jordan’s longtime personal security guard and close friend, Wozniak starred in “The Last Dance” documentary.
The John Michael Wozniak Collection
- 2/23/02 Michael Jordan Photo-Matched Washington Wizards Game-Worn Jersey Gifted to “Last Dance” Security Guard John Michael Wozniak
- Exceptional 2002 Washington Wizards jersey game worn on February 23, gifted to John Michael Wozniak, star security guard from Michael Jordan’s documentary “The Last Dance.”
- 1993 “Christmas” Rolex Watch Gifted to John Michael Wozniak by Michael Jordan
- Rolex Watch gifted to John Michael Wozniak by Michael Jordan for Christmas in 1993. Underneath engraved “To John M, From MJ, 12-25-93,” the band is metal with clasp and this Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust presents beautifully in original box.
- 1998 Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Six Time Championship Ring Presented to John Michael Wozniak
- The Chicago Bulls won six NBA Championships under Michael Jordan’s reign. In honor of that tremendous accomplishment, MJ gifted these unique rings to all of his closest friends and companions.
- Michael Jordan’s Cigar Boxes Gifted to John Michael Wozniak
- Pair of cigar boxes gifted by Michael Jordan, among many items from the personal collection of John Michael Wozniak in this current auction.
- Miscellaneous Items from John Michael Wozniak Collection with Michael Jordan Luggage Bag
- Miscellaneous Items from the personal collection of John Michael Wozniak (The Last Dance) includes (1) Michael Jordan luggage bag with Jumpman logo and “SAMPLE” tag inside; (1) signed Cowboys shirt with Michael Irvin: (1) Curtis Granderson signed baseball and two un-opened Michael Jordan VHS tapes.
- John Michael Wozniak’s Chicago Bulls Security Jacket Signed by Michael Jordan
- John Michael Wozniak’s jacket has been transformed into a handsome display and sources directly for the Wozniak family. Superstar from the “Last Dance” documentary, John Michael Wozniak was more than just a Chicago Bulls employee, he was Michael Jordan’s friend.
The 2003-04 Upper Deck Exquisite Collection LeBron James rookie card is one of the top King James rookie cards to own with none graded higher by Beckett. The card is #16/25 and is rarely up for sale. Additional LeBron cards in the auction include a 2003 Upper Deck Sweet Shot # LJ LeBron James Signature Shots Rookie Autograph in PSA GEM MINT 10 form, and a 2003-04 SP Authentic #148 LeBron James Rookie Authentic Autograph.
Additional auction centerpieces include an exceptional Ted Williams 1954-55 Red Sox game-worn uniforms MEARS 10 and an excellent Roy Campanella Dodgers photo-matched, game-worn uniform from his 1955 MVP and World Series season.
The Lelands 2020 Fall Classic also features a spectacular collection of baseball photos (vintage prints and original negatives) from the historic Brown Brothers archive. Highlights include the Babe Ruth photo used for his 1933 Goudey #181, the Ruth image used for his 1933 Goudey #53, #144 and #149, a circa 1918 Ruth curveball grip glass negative by Charles Conlon, a 1923 Yankees team photo with Ruth and Lou Gehrig, a Ty Cobb photo by Wrede and Collins, and a circa 1918 Ruth Red Sox photo by Charles Conlon. Lelands recently acquired Brown Brothers and its legendary photography archive, considered the most comprehensive U.S. stock photo library covering events of the 20th century.
Among other photo-matched treasures in the auction are a Jordan 2002 Wizards signed, game-worn jersey from the first game of his final NBA season (2002-03), LeBron signed, game-worn sneakers from his first Heat double-double (2010), and Tommy Lasorda’s signed, game-worn jersey from his iconic celebration after Kirk Gibson’s epic 1988 Dodgers World Series Game One home run.
The Lelands auction also boasts the earliest known autographs of Chiefs superstar QB Patrick Mahomes ever offered publicly: a 2013 Mahomes signed Whitehouse (TX) high school “first pitch” baseball and a 2013 Mahomes signed Whitehouse baseball team photo.
Additional Jordan and LeBron memorabilia up for bid include an MJ 1989-90 Bulls signed, game-worn jersey, rated MEARS 10, a Jordan 1990 signed, game-used shoe, His Airness signed, game-worn sneakers from 1988-89 and a pair of shoes attributed to the 1997 Eastern Conference Finals, as well as a LeBron high school game-worn mouth guard and wrist bands.
Also featured in the auction is a Generation “T” Collection of over 1,300 tobacco cards headlined by 11 Ty Cobbs, a massive Topps baseball signed set archive, and a trove of modern sports cards with LeBron, Jordan, Mike Trout, Tom Brady, Zion Williamson and more.
Other impressive baseball items up for sale include a circa 1968 Mickey Mantle Yankees signed, game-worn cap, a 1916 Red Sox World Championship watch gifted from Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson’s 1946 Montreal Royals World Series Award, a 1914 Orioles team photo with Babe Ruth, a Lou Brock Cardinals game-worn jersey and Elston Howard’s 1958 Yankees World Championship ring.
Additional auction highlights include:
- An Ernie Davis 1956 high school game-worn jersey
- Bear Bryant’s personally owned and worn houndstooth hat
- Walt Michaels’ 1978 Jets AFC Coach of the Year Award
- An Aaron Hernandez prison letter
- A Mike Eruzione 1980 Team USA “Miracle on Ice” game-used stick
- A Frank Mahovlich 1969 NHL All-Star Game-used jersey
- Wayne Gretzky’s 1982 stick used to tie the single-season goal record and his 1991 Canada Cup pre-tournament game-worn jersey
- A Secretariat-worn horseshoe and a race-worn horseshoe nail
For more information about the Lelands 2020 Fall Classic Auction, visit https://lelands.com/.
Lelands to Feature a “1 of 1” 2018 Bowman Chrome Luis Robert Superfractor Rookie PSA GEM MINT 10 in their Fall Classic Auction
The only Luis Robert Boman Chrome base Superfractor rookie in existence will be up for bid in Lelands 2020 Fall Classic Auction. This PSA gem mint 10 has been in possession of the consigner since the card was pulled back in 2018. He recently submitted to PSA for grading, who then featured it on Instagram to promote their “Freshly Certified” series.
This sale will establish the market for this card, but experts at Lelands believe the winning bid will be north of $20,000. In 2018, Luis Robert was considered one of the premier blue-chip prospects in all of baseball. This year, he proved the prognosticators right by becoming one of four finalists for American League Rookie of the Year, leading all rookies this season in RBIs and tied for first in home runs. He finished second among MLB rookies in runs, extra-base hits, and total bases. His slugging percentage was third among rookies.
Lelands experts believe this may be the only chance for someone to own this card for quite some time. “Luis Robert could go on to have a Hall of Fame career, and this “1 of 1” specimen will skyrocket in value as his career progresses,” says Lelands Acquisition Director Jordan Gilroy. He continues, “I would not be surprised if the winning bidder puts this card away until Robert’s career is over.”