There’s still time to bid in Love of the Game Auctions’ winter SET BUILDER’S AUCTION. The auction closes on Saturday, May 30, with extended bidding beginning at 9PM EST. The auction features something for everyone, including collector grade Hall of Famers, group lots, and Hall of Fame autographs. Highlights include:
- 1955 Bowman PSA 8 collection, one of a number of higher-grade PSA lots from the 1950s and 60s we are proud to feature in this auction. We’re also thrilled to offer parts of individual collections featuring 1950s and 60s Yankees cards (including several Mantles), as well as the balance of an extraordinary Hank Aaron collection we have offered over the past three auctions.
- 1962 and 1969 Topps Midgrade Collection (8), and 1959-77 Topps Hall of Famer collection (11)
- The Aaron collection includes a beautiful 1957 Topps example, graded EX/NM 80 by SGC, and a number of late-period O-Pee-Chee examples, including this 1975 specimen, graded NM-MT 8 by PSA.
- It also includes this interesting grouping of nine 1970s Hank Aaron discs from nine different issues, including some of the most difficult of the era: MSA disc, Buckman’s, Carousel, Crane Potato Chip, Crane Potato Chip Square, Isalys/Sweet William, Safelon, Towne Club, and Orbaker’s.
- The auction also includes an outstanding selection of exceptional prewar Hall of Famers, including this high-grade 1914 Polo Grounds Game “Home Run” Baker and this T207 Frank Chance.
- Also featured are collector-grade group lots, and outstanding selections from a variety of popular prewar issues, including Obaks, Zeenuts, T205 and T207, and 1933 Goudey issues.
- Collection of nine beautiful vintage pinbacks, each from defunct or relocated teams
- Hoard of 4 1/2 complete 1979 Spanera boxing cigar bands sets, in multiple colors.
- Collection of 23 signed football cards, including HOFers, one of several groups of signed cards featured in the auction.