Love of the Game Auctions is currently seeking consignments for its Summer, 2013 auction, to be held in August. Our consignment deadline is July 5. After that, we can only accept the most special consignments, as we’ll be working on finalizing our auction descriptions and preparing for The National. We are currently offering attractive consignment terms for individual and multi-item consignments valued over $25,000. The first five such consignors to respond to this email will receive no consignor fees, plus 2% of the buyer’s premium!
To qualify for this offer, we need to have your material in hand by July 5. Don’t wait! Now is the time to get in touch – contact us at email@example.com, or at (973) 452-9147!
- The greatest possible exposure to bidders and buyers, through online and offline marketing
- Exceptional writing and attention to detail, so your items are presented accurately and professionally
- Flexible payment methods that put money into consignors’ pockets faster
- An honest, trustworthy auction that has already won the confidence of the hobby’s most aggressive bidders!
While we are happy to feature any high-quality material, we are specifically seeking:
- “Marquee” baseball and football cards
- Scarce, high-value prewar sports cards and memorabilia
- Complete sets
- High-grade football and baseball Hall of Famers
- Exceptional memorabilia items
One of the most valuable and well-recognized cards in the hobby, the T206 Eddie Plank, will be featured in our August auction. This truly sensational card is one of the top cards in the hobby, considered by many to be significantly undervalued due to being overshadowed by the legend of its cousin, the T206 Honus Wagner. With low-grade examples of the Wagner routinely reaching into seven-figure territory, and no Wagner selling for less than six figures for nearly ten years, a presentable, collector-grade Plank is a significant value.
This is, of course, the first T206 Plank we have offered, a strong, presentable, collector-grade example that would be an outstanding highlight to any T206 or Hall of Fame collection. Since low-grade Planks do not make themselves available frequently, this is perhaps the last opportunity to acquire an “affordable” Plank for some time. Read more about it here.
Are you coming to the National?
We’ll be set up once again at this year’s National, accepting consignments and displaying items from our Summer auction (which should be open for bidding during the show). We’ll have more information for you in the coming weeks – be on the lookout!