Love of the Game Auctions, an internet-based sports auction house catering to the passionate collector of memorabilia and cards, The current auction closes on Saturday, February 2. The sale features baseball and football memorabilia from the late 19th Century to the early 1970s, highlighted by a 1935 Silver Certificate autographed by Babe Ruth, a beautiful 1935 National Chicle Bronko Nagurski (graded EX 5 by PSA), an original Arthur K. Miller painting of Hall of Fame legend Nap Lajoie, and a rare 1889 Hartley Studios cabinet photograph of new Hall of Fame inductee Hank O’Day.
Bidding for Love of the Game’s Winter 2013 auction will remain open until February 2. For more information on Love of the Game and how to become a consignor or bidder, visit the company’s website at loveofthegameauctions.com.
It’s not too late to register and bid in Love of the Game Auctions’ Winter, 2013 sale. The auction closes THIS SATURDAY, February 2, at 9:00 PM EST (the day before Super Bowl Sunday).
The auction features nearly 400 lots, including an excellent array of prewar cards and memorabilia, including:
• A 1935 Silver Certificate signed by Babe Ruth (PSA/DNA)
• The rare and possibly unique 1889 Hartley Studio cabinet photo of new Hall of Famer Hank O’Day
• A collection of beautiful T3 Turkey Red Cabinets including Christy Mathewson (PSA 4.5), Addie Joss (PSA 5.5), and a gorgeous Tris Speaker (SGC 45)
• A host of T206 rarities, including a Demmitt St. Louis variation, a Walter Johnson Cycle 460, and a host of difficult Southern Leaguers and difficult backs
• The Rudy Strejc Collection, an original owner collection of tobacco and gum-era baseball, boxing and non sports cards with an emphasis on PCL baseball
• Much, much more
We invite you to visit www.loveofthegameauctions.com to review the items in our auction and place your bids. There are still great deals to be had, especially on the memorabilia side, as we’re featuring a number of autographs, 19th and early 20th Century memorabilia and display materials.
To participate in extended bidding this weekend, you must bid before 9PM EST this Saturday. After that will be too late! Don’t wait too long!
Hot on the heels of our Super Bowl sale, we are also preparing our Opening Day sale, slated to take place this March. We are still seeking quality consignments for that sale. Our consignment deadline is February 15 – after that, we can only accept very special, high-dollar items. If you need to raise money for the Springtime hobby auctions, THIS IS THE PLACE, as our consignors should be paid within weeks of the auction close.
The first five confirmed consignors to respond to this email will receive 2% of the buyer’s premium on consignments valued over $5,000. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org