MEARS Auctions has launched there June 5, 2021 auction. As tradition dictates, we are offering a large selection of items than span all collectors’ budgets and tastes. Check out our collection of Chicago Cubs Memorabilia! Hundreds of lots from football, basketball, baseball, and non sports available for all collectors. Lots may be viewed and or to register go to www.mearsonlineauctions.com. Hundreds of items including autographs, memorabilia and game used items!
Tribute to 1969 Chicago Cubs Impressive Memorabilia Collection at MEARS Online Auctions
MEARS Auctions is honored to present our featured collection, “Summer of ‘69” which is a tribute to the Chicago Cubs and the historic 1969 season. Lots may be viewed and or to register go to www.mearsonlineauctions.com. Hundreds of items including autographs, memorabilia and game used items ending June 5,2021.
The 1969 Chicago Cubs season was the 98th season of the Chicago Cubs franchise, the 94th in the National League and the 54th at Wrigley Field. The season involved the Cubs gaining renown as “the most celebrated second-place team in the history of baseball.” In the first season after the National League was split into two divisions, the Cubs finished with a record of 92–70, 8 games behind the New York Mets in the newly established National League East. Caustic 64-year-old Leo Durocher was the Cubs manager. The ill-fated season saw the Cubs in first place for 155 days, until mid-September when they lost 17 out of 25 games.
The New York Mets won the National League pennant and then the World Series, forever being referred to as “The Amazing Mets”. Although heart breaking, the magical 1969 season created the most celebrated 2nd place team of all time and the love affair with the Cubs cemented the team’s fans loyalty for the next 50+ years.
Our featured “Summer of ’69 Collection” was assembled by a diehard collector from the Lincoln State. His major focus was the 1969 team. Each player from the team was represented, along with announcers, managers, and even the beloved equipment manager, Yosh Kowana.
When viewing the curated lots from this sales event, please note the detail of each grouping. Many of the items are one of kind, the rest extremely rare and hard to find. Some of the items important to the family include:
- 1969 Chicago Cubs Team Signed Home Plate w/ 25 Signatures Including Ernie Banks, Fergie Jenkins, Ron Santo & More (JSA)
- 1969 Ernie Banks Ron Santo Don Kessinger Glenn Beckert Chicago Cubs Signed 27″ x 30″ Framed “Million Dollar Infield” Photo Display (JSA)
- 1965-70 Chicago Cubs PSA Slabbed Baseball Trading Cards – Lot of 49 w/ Ernie Banks, Leo Durocher, Ron Santo & More
- Chicago Cubs Signed Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger, Fergie Jenkins Team Player Glasses, Coffee Mugs, and more (Lot of 30+)(JSA)
Check out the details of the items in these categories. Many are near impossible to find. The slogans printed on the pins bring back many memories, and some have never been seen before. “Leo Must Go”, “I have Cubs Fever”, are featured with promotions pins from the Sunoco Gasoline Stations, Cubs logo pins with many different variations, and many player photo pins.
- 1960’s-70’s Chicago Cubs Pinback Button Collection – Lot of 25 w/ Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Fergie Jenkins, Leo Durocher & More
- 1969 circa Chicago Cubs 3.5″ I Have Cub Fever Pinback Button
Rare Bumper Sticker Collection
- 1960’s-70’s Chicago Cubs Bumper Sticker & Pinback Button Collection – Lot of 31 w/ 1 Multi Signed Including Oscar Gamble, Paul Popovich & More (JSA)
Keeping with MEARS tradition, we have a nice section of game used bats, with many members of the 1969 team, some with autographs and the ’69 Cubs” inscription.
Memorabilia collectors will enjoy the assortment of signed store model gloves, signed batting helmets, and an Actual Wrigley Field locker.
If you are a collector of autographs, please check each lot and category very carefully. We have multi signed items, team signed items, and many signed pieces with special or unique inscriptions.
- 1969 Chicago Cubs Multi Signed Mitchell & Ness Throwback Jersey w/ 26 Signatures Including Ernie Banks, Fergie Jenkins, Ron Santo & More (JSA) 42/69
- 1969 Ron Santo Chicago Cubs Signed Mitchell & Ness Throwback Jersey (JSA)
- Additional Items
Please take some time to review the collection of single signed baseballs, team signed baseballs, signed photos, and signed cards.
Collectors, this is a big grouping. Take your time when viewing the lots. We have provided many photos which may be enlarged to see the details of each item. Please contact Troy R Kinunen at (414)-828-9990 or email email@example.com with questions about any lot.
- Cubs Autographs
- Cubs Signed Cards
- Cubs Oversized Autographs
- Cubs Autographed Jerseys, Helmets, Equipment
- Cubs Pinback Buttons
- Chicago Cubs Locker
About MEARS Auctions
MEARS Auctions is an internet based sales venue that operates out the 15,000 square foot MEARS Corporate Research and Conference Center located in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As a separate division within the MEARS structure, we can focus almost exclusively on obtaining and offering unique and quality sports, pop culture, and Americana memorabilia for your consideration.
Our auction cycle, combining both large and small events, allows us to ensure that we can offer something to all collectors, no matter their personal interests or budget. We do all this with the same level of commitment and integrity that collectors have become accustomed to associating with the MEARS name.
Bid, view items, register and consign to MEARS Auctions by visiting our web site at www.mearsonlineauctions.com.