The “madness” has not only been on the basketball courts this March, but also via a frenzy of bidding in the inaugural Goldin Auctions March Internet-Only Auction as more than 700 of the 775 lots of sports, entertainment and historical memorabilia were sold for $50 to $27,000. The two-week event, held from March 12-24, was the first of four such internet-only auctions scheduled for this year to accommodate items that did not make it into the company’s catalog auctions, consignors looking for a quick sale or a re-offering of items that did not sell previously.
“It was clear that everyone enjoyed this inaugural internet-only auction as it allowed our consigners the opportunity to offer a wider variety of items and our bidders to find some great deals at different price points,” said Ken Goldin, Founder of Goldin Auctions. “We encourage consigners to contact us with items for our next intern-only auction in June.”
The deadline for consigning an item to the company’s next internet-only auction is May 15. The consignment deadline for the Goldin Auctions Summer Premium & Live Auction is May 31. For more information contact Goldin Auctions at info@GoldinAuctions.com.
The full auction results are available at GoldinAuctions.com. Below are a few highlights:
- 1921-28 Ty Cobb Game-used Hillerich & Bradsby 125 Louisville Slugger Bat (Final Price $27,005)
- Pen Given to Sugar Ray Leonard to Commemorate the 1983 Ronald Reagan Signing of MLK Holiday in a Framed Display (Final Price $11,047)
- Mel Ott Signed ONL Frick Baseball (Final Price $8,592)
- 1951 World Series Champion NY Yankees Team Signed Baseball with 30 signatures including Mantle and DiMaggio PSA/DNA & JSA (Final Price $8,592)
- Thomas Jefferson Desirable Complete Near-Mint Free Frank & Hand-written Envelope (Final Price $7,365)
- 1997-98 Ken Griffey Jr. Game-used and Signed 51st HR Louisville Slugger C271 Model Bat PSA/DNA GU10 (Final Price $7,365)
- 1911/12 C55 Imperial Tobacco #38 Georges Vezina Rookie Card SGC 70 EX+ 5.5 (Final Price $7,365)
- President Reagan and His Cabinet Multi-Signed 16″x20″ Photo (Final Price $4,910)
- Rare President Theodore Roosevelt Signed 6″x9″ Rough Rider Photograph PSA/DNA (Final Price $4,910)
- The Beatles Cir. 1964 Group Signed 3.5″x5″ Album Page with “Love from the Beatles” McCartney Inscription (Final Price $42,96)
- Harry Houdini Signed 2.5″x4.5″ Post Card (Final Price $4,296)
- 2014 Antonio Brown Steelers Game-used and Signed Jersey (Final Price $4,050)
- Thurman Munson Rare Single-signed 1972-era OAL Cronin Baseball JSA (Final Price $3,900)
- 2007-08 Kobe Bryant Game-used and Signed Lakers Alternate Jersey DC Sports and Lakers COA (Final Price $3,682)
About Goldin Auctions
Sports memorabilia impresario Ken Goldin has sold more than $600 million in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history and pop culture and was the pioneer of using the medium of television to sell sports memorabilia. Goldin Auctions strives to break new ground and offer collectors the best in collectible treasures up for auction in the marketplace. All game worn or autographed items come with team, player, league or additional LOA from industry leading authenticators; and collectors can bid with confidence that their proxy/ceiling bids remain confidential. For more information, visit www.goldinauctions.com.