PWCC Marketplace, the leading trading card marketplace for buyers and sellers, is excited to announce the results of their December Premier & Monthly Auction. This month’s premier auction featured 252 cards across baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, golf, boxing, Pokémon, and more, for a total value of $14,096,400. Over 25,000 lots were auction off in the December 2021 Monthly Auction with several baseball, basketball and football cards breaking records!
Multiple records and interesting price points were set in the auction:
- Luka Doncic sees a record sale for his Rooke Patch Auto. This 2018 National Treasures Luka Doncic Rookie Patch Auto DNA 10 /99 #127 PSA 10 sold for an all-time high for Luka’s RPA card with a closing price of $780,000. Numbered to 99, PSA has only awarded four with a PSA/DNA 10 PSA 10 assessment. This 52/99 serial stamped example does not deviate from its lofty assessment in any way, boasting untouched corners and perfect centering. The surfaces are flawless and the delicate edges lack typical chipping. Beautiful silver holofoil surrounds the large patch window, which holds a sensational player-worn Mavericks jersey swatch. Luka’s autograph, penned in deep blue ink, further enhances this stunning card.
- Spider-Man slings to new record thanks to ‘No Way Home’ hype. This 2013 Marvel Fleer Retro Precious Metal Gems Spider-Man RED /100 #5 PSA 9 sold for $72,000. Sales for this card earlier in 2021 hovered around the $1,000 mark, but with ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ released last week, interest in your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man has clearly gone up. Assessed as MINT by PSA and serial stamped 012/100, this pop five specimen really captures the beautiful combination of the artwork and full foil red background which has become cherished through the industry.
- LeBron and Kobe assets remain strong with all-time high sales. This 2003 Exquisite Collection LeBron James Rookie Patch Auto DNA 10 /100 PSA 10 GEM set a new for-card record with a final sales price of $384,000 while a 2003 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos LeBron James RC PATCH AUTO /75 BGS 9.5 sold for $444,000. Meanwhile, a 2003 Exquisite Collection Limited Logos Kobe Bryant Patch Auto /75 #KB BGS 9 set a for-card record with a sales price of $288,000.
- Cristiano Ronaldo sees a record on a unique asset – and soccer cards show strength ahead of 2022 World Cup. This 2002 Panini Futebol Portugal Stickers Cristiano Ronaldo Rookie #306 PSA 10 sold for $138,000. The Sticker card has appeal not only as an early rookie card, but as a sticker that rarely surfaces in a PSA 10 case. Currently only 22 exist at this level of preservation. In other soccer news, a 1958 Alifabolaget Football Pele Rookie #635 PSA 6 EXMT went for $180,000 and a 1974 Ageducatifs Soccer Michel Platini ROOKIE #289 PSA 8 NM-MT sold for a record $14,400.
- A strong night for Pokémon – even outside the Collectible Card Game. This 2005 Pokemon Japanese Play Promo 70,000 Pts. Holo Gold Star Umbreon #026 PSA 10 sold for a high mark of $78,000, showing the value behind difficult-to-earn cards – members of the Pokémon Player’s Club had to earn a lofty 70,000 points within a specific time frame to claim the card. A 1999 Pokemon Base Set Shadowless 1st Edition Holo Charizard #4 PSA 10 GEM MINT went for $288,000 and a 2012 Pokemon World Championships Promo World Championships No. 1 Trainer PSA 9 sold for $72,000. A Pokemon card outside the realm of the popular CCG also joins the record-breaking card club with this 2000 Pokemon Topps Chrome Series 1 Sparkle Charizard #6 PSA 10 GEM MINT selling for $38,400.