The world’s largest collectibles auctioneer presents the most coveted hardware in American sports in its latest sports collectibles catalog auction, now open for bidding at HA.com/50019. The Heisman Trophy awarded to University of Texas Longhorns’ running back Ricky Williams in 1998 is expected to sell for a half-million dollars or more to lead the diverse offerings of the sale. The Walter Camp and Doak Walker awards issued to Williams the same year will likewise tempt gridiron collectors. 2 – Sports Collectibles Session
(Lots 53820-54232) – 10:00 PM Central Time, Friday, October 25, 2019. (Internet bidding closes at 10:00 PM Central Time the evening the session begins, with extended bidding available.)
The auction will close as the League Conference Championships near their conclusion, a perfect time to release to the collecting public the No. 1 set of World Series tickets on the PSA Registry, featuring a single ticket (nearly all unused) for every year from 1909 to 2018. High-grade Championship rings celebrating the World Championship glory of the 1990 Cincinnati Reds, the 2009 New York Yankees and the 2013 Boston Red Sox will also find new owners in the auction’s first session.
The treasure trove of hardware continues on the football side, with a dozen rings commemorating past Super Bowl Champs, including Dallas Cowboys team owner William Hawn’s Super Bowl VI ring and a Super Bowl XL ring from Pittsburgh Steelers safety Tyrone Carter.
Autograph collectors will find much to love in the sale, notably rare and high-grade single signed baseballs from the likes of Christy Mathewson, Mel Ott and Jimmie Foxx, and a signed complete set of Ted Williams’ famous 1959 Fleer set.
Early boxing collectors will enjoy an impressive selection of relics from Ring Magazine founder Nat Fleischer’s remarkable collection of gloves and punching bags used by such Hall of Fame legends as John L. Sullivan, Jim Corbett, Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey.
Other highlights include:
- 1940’s Joe DiMaggio Game Worn New York Yankees Jersey, est. $60,000+
- 1915 Boston Red Sox Pitching Staff with Rookie Babe Ruth Original News Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1, est. $50,000+
- 1961-62 New York Yankees Oversized Promotional “Nodder,” the finest of three known to exist, est. $40,000+
- 1966 Roberto Clemente MVP Season Game-Used Bat, PSA/DNA GU 10, est. $40,000+
- Photo Matched 2005 Mariano Rivera All-Star Game Used & Signed Fielder’s Glove, est. $30,000+
- 1996 NBA’s 50 Greatest Players Signed Lithograph, est. $30,000+
- 1930 Lou Gehrig Signed New York Yankees Payroll Check, PSA/DNA Authentic, est. $25,000+
- The Earliest Michigan Example Known of a 1881 University of Michigan vs. Yale University Football Program, est. $20,000+
- Photo matched 2012 Derek Jeter ALDS Game Used & Signed Bat, PSA/DNA GU 9, est. $20,000+
2 – Sports Collectibles Session
(Lots 53820-54232) – 10:00 PM Central Time, Friday, October 25, 2019.
(Internet bidding closes at 10:00 PM Central Time the evening the session begins, with extended bidding available.)