SCP Auctions is thrilled to announce that it will be offering the prestigious Robin Yount Collection as part of its upcoming 2016 Mid-Summer Classic online auction. Upwards of 100 outstanding lots from the former Milwaukee Brewers superstar will be up for bid, ranging from both his 3,000th Hit bat and baseball (Sept. 9, 1992) to multiple game-worn Brewers jerseys as well as game-used fielding gloves that the Class of 1999 Baseball Hall of Famer utilized during his illustrious career.
Drafted by the Brewers third overall in 1973, Yount made his debut for Milwaukee in 1974 at the young age of 18 and quickly became the Brewers’ starting shortstop. With almost two full seasons as a regular before he turned 20, he broke Mel Ott’s longstanding record for most MLB games played as a teenager with 243. He won his first A.L. MVP as a shortstop in 1982 (.331/29/114) before switching to center field where he captured his second league MVP award in 1989 after batting .318 with 21 home runs and 102 RBI.
As the owner of 3,142 career hits, Yount had his fair share of diamond successes including a very memorable run to the World Series in 1982 with the Brew Crew. Despite losing the Fall Classic four games to three to the N.L. Champion St. Louis Cardinals, Yount batted a phenomenal .414 that included 12 hits, six RBI and an off-the-wall slugging percentage of .621. He was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.
See part of the impressive array of baseball artifacts below:
- Robin Yount’s September 9, 1992 Game Used, Signed & Inscribed 3,000th Career Hit Bat
- Robin Yount’s September 9, 1992 Game Used, Signed & Inscribed “My 3,000th Hit” Baseball
- Robin Yount’s Autographed 1976 Milwaukee Brewers Game Worn Home Jersey
- Robin Yount’s Autographed 1982 Milwaukee Brewers (MVP/Gold Glove Season) Game Worn Home Jersey
- Robin Yount’s Signed Mid 1970’s (Earliest Known) Rawlings ‘XPG 6-P’ Professional Model Game Used Fielder’s Glove
- Robin Yount’s Dual-Signed 1989 Milwaukee Brewers MVP Season Game Worn Home Uniform
- Robin Yount’s Signed Milwaukee Brewers 1974-1993 Wall Of Honor Plaque Originally Displayed At County Stadium
- Robin Yount’s Autographed 1990 Milwaukee Brewers Game Worn Home Jersey
- Robin Yount’s Autographed Late 1980’s Rawlings ‘Pro-Ct’ Professional Model Game Used Fielder’s Glove
- Robin Yount’s 9/6/1986 Game Used, Signed & Inscribed 2,000th Career Hit Baseball
- Robin Yount’s Autographed Late 1980’s Milwaukee Brewers Game Worn Satin Warm-Up Jacket
- Robin Yount’s 1983 Victor Award Trophy