The full preview is now online for SCP Auctions’ 2016 Spring Premier event. More than 1,300 lots of exceptional sports memorabilia and cards will hit the online auction block starting on Wednesday, April 6, at www.scpauctions.com. Highlighting the auction is the unveiling of the most important baseball document in existence. Authored in 1857 by Daniel Lucius “Doc” Adams, President of the New York Knickerbockers, the “Laws of Base Ball,” laid the foundation for the game of baseball to blossom into America’s National Pastime.
Also on offer is more than 150 lots of incredible memorabilia from the late Don Drysdale’s personal collection; an impeccably preserved 1956 Sandy Koufax game-worn Brooklyn Dodgers home jersey; a 1936 Winter Olympics gold medal presented to Great Britain hockey goalie Jimmy Foster; and the historic 1989 agreement banning Pete Rose from baseball for life, signed by both Rose and late MLB Commissioner Bart Giamatti. The auction is loaded with the finest game-used equipment, cards, autographs and memorabilia the hobby has to offer. Please note that a small percentage of lots are still under construction with additional photos and lot descriptions forthcoming.
Top Auction Highlights Include:
- Lot #1 The 1857 “Laws Of Base Ball” Documents
- Lot #0 1956 Sandy Koufax Autographed Brooklyn Dodgers Game Worn Home Jersey (MEARS A9)
- Lot #1162 1936 Winter Olympics Gold Medal Presented to Great Britain Hockey Goalie Jimmy Foster who Led Great Britain to Their First and Only Hockey Gold Medal
- Lot #563 Historic August 23rd, 1989 Agreement between MLB and Pete Rose Which Bans Rose from Baseball for Life Signed by Rose, Commissioner Bart Giamatti, and Attorneys
- Lot #59 Don Drysdale’s 1962 Major League Baseball Cy Young Award (Drysdale Collection)
- Lot #198 1952 Topps Baseball Complete Set Of 407 with EX PSA 5 #311 Mickey Mantle Rookie
- Lot #67 Don Drysdale’s 1963 Los Angeles Dodgers World Champions 14k Gold Ring (Drysdale Collection)
- Lot #516 Harmon Killebrew’s 1965 Minnesota Twins American League Championship Ring (Killebrew COA)
- Lot #1094 1967-2016 Super Bowl I Through 50 Full Ticket Run All PSA Graded – Highest Rated Complete Set Ever Offered!
- Lot #77 Don Drysdale’s 1965 Los Angeles Dodgers World Champions 14k Gold Ring (Drysdale Collection)
- Lot #14 Don Drysdale’s 1956 Brooklyn Dodgers Game Worn Home Uniform from His Rookie Season (Drysdale Collection)
- Lot #187 1936 R327 Diamond Stars One-of-a-Kind Uncut Sheet of the 12 Never Issued High Numbers with Hornsby/Bottomley, Gomez, and Goslin
About SCP Auctions
SCP Auctions is one of the nation’s largest auctioneers and private sellers of important sports memorabilia and cards, and is considered a leader in its industry. Founded in 1979 by David Kohler, SCP Auction’s record speaks for itself, as the company has realized record auction and private sale prices for items including the c. 1920 Babe Ruth New York Yankees game worn road jersey ($4.415 million); T-206 Honus Wagner card ($2.8 million); the bat Babe Ruth used to hit the first home run in old Yankee Stadium ($1.265 million); the contract that sent Babe Ruth to the Yankees from the Red Sox ($996,000); Barry Bonds’ record-breaking No. 756 home run ball ($752,467); and Babe Ruth’s gold pocket watch presented to him by the New York Yankees during his last appearance at Yankee Stadium in 1948 ($650,108). The company’s consistency and industry knowledge have helped to maintain SCP Auctions’ stellar reputation as a dominant figure in the sports memorabilia world, and it is highly visible throughout the category due to its presence at major collectibles shows across the country and placement in all the major trade publications.
SCP Auctions principals David Kohler, Dan Imler, Clay Hill, and Brendan Wells have more than 100 years of combined industry experience and dealing in vintage sports cards and memorabilia isn’t just their jobs – it’s their passion. SCP Auctions has the expertise for every collector’s interest, whether your passion is in 19th century material, high grade PSA/SGC cards, game-used pieces or single cards and sets.
SCP Auctions, the only sports memorabilia company to have partnered with storied auction house Sotheby’s, is constantly striving to uncover incredible collections and offer the most interesting, valuable and unique collectibles possible. The private collections of Honus Wagner, Casey Stengel, Pee Wee Reese, Wilt Chamberlain, Bob Cousy, George Mikan, John Havlicek, Dr. J, Paul Hornung, Ozzie Smith, and Oscar Robertson are just some of the one-of-a kind offerings that the company has presented collectors.
SCP Auctions is happy to offer suggestions and guidance on how to get the most out of any collector’s budget. SCP Auctions prides itself on customer service and speedy responses to any issue or inquiry, and calls many of the nation’s top collectors its clients and, more important, friends. SCP Auctions has aided collectors in their own collection sales, including both the Bill Nowlin and Bill Riddell historic bat collections, featuring game-used bats from Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig; the Mitsuhiko Fujita collection spanning the 1928, ’31, and ’34 major league all-star tours to Japan; the Kirk Harris T206 tobacco card collection; and the esteemed collection of Dr. Douglas Triplett’s “regionals” and test-issue single cards. We know we wouldn’t be able to succeed without your active participation, and we value our relationships with collectors and consignors alike.
For more information on SCP Auctions, please visit our web site at scpauctions.com.