Some of the biggest names in sports history led all bidding during Goldin’s September Card & Memorabilia Auction, which closed last night. A LeBron James Exquisite Rookie Patch Autograph card was the auction headliner, selling for $1.39 million. Meanwhile, a Tom Brady trading card fetched $799,500, while Michael Jordan, and Cristiano Ronaldo cards both eclipsed $300,000. The final sale prices were a reminder of the perpetual enthusiasm that collectible lovers have for hall-of-fame caliber athletes.
At the final gavel strike last night, Goldin, the leading marketplace for trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia, reported that total sales had surpassed $13 million and that the auction also featured several record-breaking items.
“The greats are the greats and no one can ever take that away from them. Jordan, LeBron, Brady, Ronaldo; their legacies will stand the test of time,” said Goldin Auctions Executive Chairman and Founder Ken Goldin. “What’s so fun to watch, though, is which up-and-coming athletes that collectors believe will be the next greats and who will join the pantheon of all-time winners. Between Zion, Mahomes, Baker and LaMelo Ball, the next generation of sports is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.”
Notable items from this auction and records broken included:
- A LeBron James Exquisite Rookie Patch Autograph card (BGS NM-MT+ 8.5/BGS 10, LOT#1): $1,393,800
- A 2000 “Championship Ticket” Autograph Tom Brady signed rookie card (#001/100, BGS NM 7/BGS 9, LOT #2): $799,500
- A 1986-87 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan Rookie Card – (PSA GEM MT 10, LOT #9): $344,400
- A 2002-03 Panini Sports “Mega Craques” #128 Cristiano Ronaldo Rookie Card (PSA GEM MT 10, LOT #12): $319,800, An all-time record for any Cristiano Ronaldo card
- A 2020 Panini Black Prizm #325 Justin Herbert Signed Rookie Card (#1/1) (BGS MINT 9/ BGS 10, LOT #22): $210,330, An all-time record for any 2020 Prizm Football card
- A 2016 Rookie Gold Prizm #2 Patrick Mahomes II Rookie Card (#05/10) (BGS GEM MINT 9.5, LOT #6): $198,030, An all-time record for this Patrick Mahomes card.
- A 2020 Panini Prizm “Black Gold Prizm” #278 LaMelo Ball Rookie Card (#4/5) – (PSA MINT 9, LOT #261) $148,830, An all-time record for any Lamelo Ball card
- A 2018 Panini National Treasures Rookie Patch Auto (RPA) Platinum NFL Shield #161 Baker Mayfield Signed Rookie NFL Shield Card (#1/1) – (BGS MINT 9/BGS 9, LOT #15): $113,160, An all-time record for any Baker Mayfield card
- A 1997-98 SkyBox E-X2001 Jambalaya #6 Michael Jordan (BGS MINT 9, LOT#91): $87,330
- A 2019-20 Panini National Treasures #108 Zion Williamson Signed Patch Rookie Card (#21/99 (BGS MINT 9/BGS 10, LOT #81): $62,730, An all-time record for this Zion Williamson card
Goldin has built a reputation as the trusted leader in trading cards, memorabilia and collectibles. So far this year, the company has already done over $275 million in sales. Goldin’s Elite auction is currently open for bidding. Goldin Auctions is also actively accepting consignments for its Monthly Card Auctions. To inquire about consigning items, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goldin is the leading marketplace for trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1.2 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. Learn more at GoldinAuctions.com, and on Twitter and Instagram.