To the University Archives most recent acquisitions, we have provided a link to our website below. Just follow the link to our Home page, then click on the last 30 days red button. Call us at 203-454-0111 with any questions or for assistance.
Check out our new eBay listings! As you know, we have contracted with noted dealer, Herman Darvick, to sell select documents for us on eBay. This is your opportunity to bargain-hunt, so please have a look. The Starting Price on each of these is only $9.99 and there are NEVER RESERVES on any of our AUCTION listings! Your purchase of any of these items at AUCTION prices will be accomplished through eBay only, so let the offers begin!
- Diphtheria Schick Test Developer Béla Schick Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Oral Polio Vaccine Developer Albert B. Sabin Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed Photograph – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed Photograph in Laboratory – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed “Helped Fight Polio” First Day Cover – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed Plate Block of Six Mint “Helped Fight Polio” Postage Stamps – Starts at $9.99
- Polio Vaccine Developer Jonas Salk Signed Plate Block of Eight Mint Fildes’ Painting “The Doctor” Postage Stamps – Starts at $9.99
- Aureomycin Discoverer Benjamin Duggar Signed Photograph – Starts at $9.99
- Insulin Co-Discoverer Sir Frederick G. Banting Signature – Starts at $9.99
- Insulin Co-Discoverer Charles H. Best Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Insulin Co-Discoverer Charles H. Best Signed Photograph – Starts at $9.99
- Measles Vaccine Pioneer John F. Enders Signed Photograph – Starts at $9.99
- Meningitis Serum Pioneer Simon Flexner Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- French Revolution leaders Lazare Carnot & Collot d’Herbois “Reign of Terror” Signed Document – Starts at $9.99
- Novelist Jack London Signed Check – Starts at $9.99
- Jefferson & Madison Vice President George Clinton Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Jefferson & Madison Attorney General Caesar Rodney Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- Statesman Daniel Webster Signed Bunker Hill Speech – Starts at $9.99
- Pierce’s Attorney General Caleb Cushing Signed Letter – Starts at $9.99
- President Benjamin Harrison Signed Check – Starts at $9.99
- Farm Workers Union Leader Cesar Chavez Signed Membership Card – Starts at $9.99
FREE SHIPPING by FIRST CLASS MAIL with TRACKING within the USA – Shipped on the first business day after payment is received. DarvickAutographs is a Top Rated Plus Power Seller with 100% Positive Feedback.
About University Archives
John Reznikoff, the company’s founder, started collecting in 1968. Then a third grader in West Hartford, Connecticut, his grandmother, a Holocaust survivor, gave him a shiny glassine envelope of colorful stamps from around the world. A collector was born! Reznikoff quickly amassed an impressive collection by writing away to stamp companies listed in the back of the New York Times. By age 13, he was a part time dealer, and had diversified his interests to include early baseball cards, postal history, and yes, autographs. Fast forward five years, Reznikoff entered Fordham University, where his father, Dr. Marvin Reznikoff, was a professor. Reznikoff majored in Political Science and Anthropology, and minored in part time dealing of collectibles. What a marvelous way, he thought, to subsidize the incredible costs of getting an education than dealing in things that one could be educated by! By 1979, University Stamp Co., Inc., was formed.
In his 20’s, Reznikoff quickly made a name for himself as a leader of the industry, especially in his specialty, 19th Century Postal History, which of course included a plethora of manuscript material. By 1984, Reznikoff recognized a keen competitor in the persona of Bryan Camarda. Rather than compete, Reznikoff chose to join forces, and they have been partners ever since. In the mid-80’s, both men were asked by the prestigious Philatelic Foundation to be authenticators within their expertise. To this day, Mr. Camarda is considered to be among the world’s top experts in 19th Century United States Stamps and Postal History. He is one of the “Magnificent Seven”, a group of dealers who price the Bible of the industry, the Scott Standard Guide to Postage Stamp Prices.
Reznikoff quickly found his interests drawing toward postal history, and history in general. By the late 80’s and early 90’s, Reznikoff was exclusively dealing in manuscript material under the established division, University Archives. University Archives was quickly catapulted among the leading dealers in the industry. Reznikoff has authored numerous publications and complete chapters in the industry standard, Sanders Price Guide to Autographs. He has appeared on virtually every major news program in recent years. He has been written about in thousands of newspapers, including occupying front-page placement in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. Reznikoff’s opinion on authenticity in the historical autograph field is the most requested in the world. Definitively.
Aside from that, Reznikoff has an incredible presence as an expert witness having to do with questioned documents, not necessarily autographs. He has also worked with the United States Justice Department, the FBI, and numerous local law enforcement professionals, to weed out fraud within the industry. Reznikoff’s and Camarda’s presence and accomplishments have made the University Companies what they are today – the top dealers in their discipline, and much, much more.