SCP Auctions “Fall Premier” online auction is just two days away from concluding and the top lots so far include the coveted Honus Wagner 1909 T206 card at $278,005, a Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps rookie card at $185,030 and a game-worn and signed Ernie Banks Chicago Cubs jersey from his last full season in the major leagues at $71,335. The auction at www.scpauctions.com ends this Saturday, Dec. 6, at 5 p.m. PST, which marks the 59th anniversary of Wagner’s death in 1955.
Other items attracting plenty of attention are Jackie Robinson’s game-used bat from his 1949 N.L. MVP season ($64,850) and his personal 1962 Hall of Fame presentation plaque ($51,880), as well as the late Lyle Alzado’s 1983 Los Angeles Raiders Super Bowl championship ring ($37,982).
The Chesapeake Honus Wagner Card
In August, SCP Auctions’ company principals’ David Kohler and Dan Imler secured an astounding collection of more than 3,500 T206 Cards from a private collector living in the northeast. His lineup included the incomparable Honus Wagner T206, which was graded by Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) on site at the 35th Annual National Sports Collectors Convention (NSCC) in Cleveland. It received a PSA 1 designation, making it only the 33rd example authenticated and encapsulated by PSA.
Initial bidding concludes this Saturday, Dec. 6, at 5 p.m. (PST). Other top items in the bidding wars with two days to go include:
* 1967 Willie Mays San Francisco Giants Game-Worn and Signed Uniform ($35,433)
* 1968-69 Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves Game-Worn and Signed Road Jersey ($32,157)
* Elvin Hayes 1978 Washington Bullets NBA Championship Ring ($29,233)
* Mark Rypien’s 1987 Washington Redskins Super Bowl Championship Ring ($25,941)
* Bill “Moose” Skowron’s 1962 New York Yankees World Series Championship Ring ($25,941)